17 Replies Latest reply on Jan 26, 2017 12:56 PM by Sanford Ross

Awarding individual badges and updating user points (Bunchball)

umillm6

Hello! I have been checking out the new dashboard and it looks great. One thing I cannot find is how we can edit user's points or award them with a one-off badge. Our Neo Profile Complete badge is a prerequisite to most of our missions. If a user completes a mission without this badge, I need to be able to go in and award the badge as a one-off. I do not see how to do this in the training videos and the User screens don't offer the same options in this version of the dashboard. We also used to be able to go into a user's account and add or subtract points manually in the Points tab of their profile. That functionality appears to be gone, too. How can we edit a user's profile in the new Nitro dashboard?

CC:  Sanford Ross

• Re: Awarding individual badges and updating user points (Bunchball)
          Sanford Ross

Hi Maren Beckman, from the Activity & Monitoring / User Lookup screen, identify your user and select the Missions tab. Below is a screenshot. When you click on a mission, there should be a "Complete Challenge" button to the right which manually awards the badge. As far as manually crediting or debiting points, there are these options. We may be working in a manual "edit points" function in the User Lookup at some future point, but the data import (option 1) works well:

1-Through the Data Import function, a file of userId and points can be uploaded

2-Through an API call user.creditPoints or user.debitPoints. I can get you exact syntax for the API call if you need.

umillm6

HI, Sanford. Thank you for responding - on a Saturday!

After clicking around a lot, I see the Completed button, but this highlights the bigger problem: Not all missions are listed for every user. In the old dashboard, you had two screens stacked on one another so you could tell 1) which missions each user had completed, and 2) which missions were available for that user. Where is that information here? You have to click through multiple screens to see the missions for each user, the missions appear to be in no particular order, and you can't tell what has been awarded and what hasn't without clicking into each one. If you look at my missions (user 28828), I have 12 pages of missions. If you look at Diana Prince's (user 126077), she only has 3 pages and they do not include all active missions (does this have something to do with hiding missions from people's profiles?). I really need to be able to award people individual missions. It is not efficient to have to click through 3 or 12 pages for each user to try and find the missing mission, which may not even be there to begin with. This is not something we could test when we were speaking last spring. How can we get this functionality in the new dashboard? And can the missions be sorted by the admin so it makes sense for what they are looking for?

umillm6

Hi, Sanford Ross. I have an example for you. User 3560 needs to be awarded the 2016 Global Inclusion Week Participant Badge, but it is not listed in her 10 mission pages. How can I award her this badge?

Here is a screenshot from someone that has the badge:

Screen Shot 2016-11-01 at 8.01.36 AM.png

umillm6

Hi, Sanford. I figured out a work around for now. We hide badges that aren't earned - and are requested to do so by the business we are supporting. If I unhide the badge, it will appear in the listing for everyone. How can we make it so that all active missions, even if they are hidden, appear in people's Nitro profiles?

Sanford Ross

Thanks, Maren Beckman Keep the feedback coming, as it is appreciated. We are aware there are differences in the way the old Admin Console worked vs. Nitro Studio. Hopefully most are positive improvements, but I'll be continuing to gather this input for potential future enhancements to our user experience.

Sanford

lwburke

Sanford Ross can I just ask what is the logic behind this concept as the hide until earned is for not displaying to the end user within the community, but the console is for the admin and therefore needs to be visible for administering our instance - i.e. assigning one off manual badges, those outside of the automated process and not worth a data import.  Also what is the logic in the display of the badges for those that are not hidden until earned - it's not date created, it's not alpha, it's not by folder, so what is the logic as I can't figure it out so I literally have to go through 30 + pages for our instance of just those that are not hidden for newbie users- so you can image how that can increase for historic users with numerous badges that are now not active or hide until earned.

The old display, while cumbersome for a console that has hundreds of badges, at least it was in alpha order and all in one screen so I just had to scroll.  Now we have to click through pages & pages of 10 badges with no search feature, no sorting feature - in my humble opinion not worth switching to the new UI for complex gamification instances at this point until some of these major issues are resolved.

I think this would be a fine clean concept if you only have 10 badges, maybe 20 badges in your instance since you are only dealing with at most 2 pages of clicking and scrolling, but if you have a larger instance this is just not functional.

But I do have to say I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the new challenge builder, especially now that we can do complex and/or rules!!!!!  That is amazing and long overdue

Natasha Brainerd

Agreed! Would love to be able to (easily) manually award points again. Also, the Missions tab under User Lookup definitely needs a bit more work - it's currently not the optimal in terms of user experience.

jamie.battin

I am having a similar issue in trying to assign manually.  Except when lookup users I consistently get No Items Found.