1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 3, 2016 5:02 AM by gopi.gorantala

REST API Objects with Same Name

wyatts1

Hello,

I have a question about refining the results from a search/people call. I want to extra data from the jive.profile.value objects. The problem I am having is when I export the results into a CSV, I am populating a single CSV cell with too much data. The data I am needing falls under the same object name, and will all go into a single cell. If I want the data from jive.profile.value, and want to split up the data from each object into a separate cell or have some way of appending a delimiter, how would I go about doing so? Please see example JSON below for visual representation of the issue.

EXAMPLE JSON DATA

"jive" : {

"profile" : [ {

"jive_label" : "Title",

"value" : "TITLE DATA",

"jive_displayOrder" : 0,

"jive_summaryDisplayOrder" : 0,

"jive_showSummaryLabel" : true

}, {

"jive_label" : "Employee Type",

"value" : "EMPLOYEE TYPE DATA",

"jive_displayOrder" : 4,

"jive_summaryDisplayOrder" : 4,

"jive_showSummaryLabel" : true

}, {

"jive_label" : "Legal Name",

"value" : "LEGAL NAME DATA",

"jive_displayOrder" : 5,

"jive_showSummaryLabel" : false

}, {

"jive_label" : "Employee ID",

"value" : "EMPLOYEE ID DATA",

"jive_displayOrder" : 6,

}, {

"jive_label" : "User Name",

"value" : "EMPLOYEE ID DATA",

"jive_displayOrder" : 7,

}, {... and so on...

RESULT CSV (What my data output looks like in the CSV)

|                                                         jive.profile.value OUTPUT                                                                   |

+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+

| TITLE DATA EMPLOYEE TYPE DATA LEGAL NAME DATA EMPLOYEE ID DATA EMPLOYEE ID DATA |

+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+

I cannot split up the data in excel because there is not clear delimiter since some of the data includes spaces. Any suggestions are appreciated! Thanks again!

• Re: REST API Objects with Same Name
          gopi.gorantala

Check for each condition like below and form a valid response and send it to csv file.

for (var jsonObj in response.jive.profile) {

if ((response.jive.profile[jsonObj].jive_label === 'Employee Type')) {

response.jive.profile[jsonObj].value  // you get the value here, repeat for all others and get all values

}

}

for each above condition you get the type and its value,  add a delimeter and then proceed for other if loops.

1 person found this helpful