2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 10, 2016 4:03 AM by gopi.gorantala

osapi.jive.corev3 is an empty object.

aaronmartone

I want to start using the JS API on our v8 instance of Jive, and was taking a read through the JS API docs. However, while logged in as a user with admin access, outputting `osapi.jive.corev3` into the console resulted in a (relatively) empty object. (It still had inheritable methods from the Object constructor, but there were no .People or .Content properties as is documented in the JS API Docs.

I am still mulling through the docs, looking for possible reasons why this is, and have not found a reason. Ultimately, we'd like to be able to pull data about the current page (akin to REST API calls without having to build the functionality for making the API call via AJAX) I was hoping that on load, Jive's JS API already had access to this information within the scope of one of the JS API's properties/methods. Can anyone clear the fog some for me?

• Re: osapi.jive.corev3 is an empty object.

Were you in a piece of content when you were trying to retrieve osapi.jive.corev3.contents (lowercase "c")? Some area's of the browser window content will have some objects and some won't. If you go into a tile's iframe in your console (instead of "top"; e.g. _gadgets***), you might have a tile with or without corev3, or some of the jive.tile.{methods} in it because those features may have been excluded from the installation. The same is true for an App..you need to define the features you want (e.g. osapi) in the app.xml. I'd suggest starting with an App add-on and seeing the context you can view with an add-on at different areas: App Action Contribution Reference

• Re: osapi.jive.corev3 is an empty object.
              gopi.gorantala

Well, you have to make the OSAPI feature available to the add-on. Try adding following require tags inside ModulePrefs

<Require feature="osapi"/>
              <Require feature="opensocial-data" />
              <Require feature="jive-core-v3" />
              <Require feature="jive-core-v3-resolver" />

After this, You can try the following two different approaches

osapi.jive.corev3.contents.get({

"place": placeUrl

}).execute(function (response) {

OR

osapi.jive.core.get({
              v: "v3",
              href: "/api/..."   //here you have to give the rest API path