1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 7, 2016 9:37 AM by afajnor

Need help with error: SocialGroup with display name </groups/group-name> could not be loaded from the database.

afajnor

Hi all,

Disclaimer: We are using Jive 6.0.3.0, so I realize many of you have moved beyond.

That said, I am trying to add a list of comma-separated user names to a social group in Admin Console > Admin tab > Add Members to Group page. I have checked and rechecked my group syntax and I have it right: /groups/group-name, but I am getting the following error:

( ! ) SocialGroup with display name /groups/group-name could not be loaded from the database.

I have admin privs, but did not create the group. I am wondering if perhaps permissions are set incorrectly on the groups and that's why the group isn't loading from the database. (Yes, I have checked in the UI and the group exists and already has a few members who were invited manually, so the group appears to be functioning.) Note that I tried to add one valid username using this method and received the same error, so I do not think the comma-separated list is the issue.

I have logged out of Jive, cleared my browser cache, restarted my PC, and still I get this error when I attempt to add users to the group. I have searched the community to see if anyone else has asked about this error and found nothing. I searched the Jive 6 Admin Help and can't come up with anything specific enough to be of help. Does anyone out there have a suggestion for me?

Thanks much,

Ana