2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 6, 2016 11:37 AM by hymavathi

How to lock Document from editing using Rest API

hymavathi

I am looking ways to lock a document from editing using rest API. I found POST /contents/{contentID}/editable api but it is not working as mentioned in the documentation. Have anyone tried this api or is there a way to lock a document using Rest API?

• Re: How to lock Document from editing using Rest API
          gbrettmiller

You will want to use the authorship field with a value of "author" when creating the Document.

• Re: How to lock Document from editing using Rest API
              hymavathi

Thank you G. Brett Miller for your response. But  the authorship field may not be effective in our  use case. We are trying to integrate Jive with our internal application. This integration should involve document collaboration between two applications. So when posting  documents from that application to Jive  we want to lock the document in Jive from editing by the  users to avoid concurrent modifications.

So I was looking at Lock Editable Content end point but looks like it is not working.

I can change authorship to none or hidden but it needs 4 calls (two gets and two posts) for changing to none and changing back to all once the document push is over. I am looking at the best possible way.