1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 12, 2016 6:57 AM by jesse.fuller

Email with Password

bettinahoess

Hello Jive Team,

I would need your help with the following matter. I created an account in our external community for a colleague. Now he is not able to login into his account. The given password doesn't work and as we set his passwork back he got the following email notification:

"We have received a request from 82.135.40.18 to reset your password. If you asked to reset your password, please follow the instructions below. If you do not want to reset your password, disregard this message.  Your user name and password can't be managed inside Jive because they're controlled by an external identity provider, such as LDAP or Active Directory. Please contact your administrator for help."

This was all that the email contained. There was no link to click.

Do you have any idea what could be the problem?

Best regards,

Bettina

• Re: Email with Password

Hi bettinahoess,

Reviewing through you description,

"We have received a request from 82.135.40.18 to reset your password. If you asked to reset your password, please follow the instructions below. If you do not want to reset your password, disregard this message.  Your user name and password can't be managed inside Jive because they're controlled by an external identity provider, such as LDAP or Active Directory. Please contact your administrator for help."

it appears you are using an external identity management system in your instance (LDAP/SSO). As such, your Jive instance will not be able to reset the password for an account as these will be managed in that external system. As such, I would recommend reaching out to the team who manages that system, as they should have an option to update a user's credentials.

Or, if you are not using an external identity management system in your instance, I would suggest submitting a case in your customer group ( MyJive Secret Support Group Administration FAQ ) as a next step, so that a member of our support team can perform further investigations specific to your instance.

Thanks!