1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 30, 2016 7:19 AM by jesse.fuller

Jive Anywhere saying "Some of the images could not be downloaded"

dbonneville

We have installed Jive Anywhere on 2 Macs, 1 PC, and tried Chrome, Firefox, and Safari. We have the Gmail cartridge turned on, and can see the credentials for JA in any of the browsers and OSs. When we try to convert a Gmail thread that has images into a discussion, we invariably get this error:

"

Some of the images could not be downloaded

"

...on the import dialogue screen. If we uncheck "upload images", it will convert just fine...but then we have no images for a thread that needs images. We have 700-800 Gmail threads we need to import, but this is a gating item.

To add one more layer of complexity, when I first got JA working earlier in the week, we saw a different UI inside of Gmail. It allowed me to select elements from the page. I still see this "select" UI for instance if I go to a new site and click the "Discuss" flyout tab. It will highlight page elements in blue. So if I was able to invoke this "selection" UI inside of Gmail, I'd be all set to import entire threads (though I know it breaks the reply sequence and treats the thread as a big HTML dump which is fine).

Support has not responded for 3 days now, and I've done everything I can think of to get emails imported with no luck. Simply forwarding emails does not work, as it removes the inline images and appends them as attachments, all with the name "images.png", in a random order that is impossible to correlate with the content.

Has anyone else had this issue?