3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 12, 2017 2:35 PM by cpolly

Issue with new comments nesting as a reply

mdunc

Hello,

We are experiencing an issue with Jive, where any comments made on a post after a user has replied to a previous comment will nest under the parent comment as if it is also a reply. For example, user 1 creates comment 1, user 2 creates comment 2 as a reply to comment 1. If user 2 goes on to created a new non reply comment 3, it will display as a second reply to comment 1. The only way I've found to avoid this happening is to reload the page after leaving a reply.

• Re: Issue with new comments nesting as a reply
          cpolly

We also have a similar issue. We have posted some information about a product release. User 1 asks a question about Topic 1, User 2 replies to User 1 question, but the reply is added to the bottom of the LONG string of comments to the ORIGINAL post, not to the poster of the question itself. This is causing mayhem as multiple questions are being answered but the random order is not helping people get easy access to their answer! Please help. 

In addition, when the notification comes to one's inbox, clicking the link to see it in context does not take you to that portion of the conversation, just that comment that as said is listed out of context.

Any guidance or knowledge would be appreciated. Is there a setting I can use to prevent this?

• Re: Issue with new comments nesting as a reply
              jesse.fuller

Hi mdunc and cpolly,

Reviewing through your descriptions above it appears there a 3 different behaviors/issues being reported here, so I have separated them below:

Issue 1

any comments made on a post after a user has replied to a previous comment will nest under the parent comment as if it is also a reply.

I have gone through some local testing of this behavior in the current Jive Cloud release, however was showing the comments contained under their respective comment/reply, as such I would recommend submitting a case in your customer group ( MyJive Secret Support Group Administration FAQ ) as a next step so that a member of our support team can perform further investigations specific to your instance.

Issue 2

reply is added to the bottom of the LONG string of comments to the ORIGINAL post, not to the poster of the question itself.

For this behavior, if the content has more than 100 comments on it, the view will be forced into a "flat" view of the content where replies are listed chronologically in the order they were posted in. If the content has less then 100 comments however and you are seeing a "flat" view of the content, I would suggest checking out your user's preferences, as a flat vs threaded view might have been selected:

Screen Shot 2017-01-12 at 1.50.06 PM.png

Issue 3

when the notification comes to one's inbox, clicking the link to see it in context does not take you to that portion of the conversation, just that comment that as said is listed out of context.

From this description if the content contains multiple pages of comments you might be running into an issue being tracked as CLOUD-450, however to confirm I would also recommend submitting a case in your customer group ( MyJive Secret Support Group Administration FAQ ) so that a member of our support team can investigate directly in your instance. When submitting the case, if you could include a copy of the link you are selecting when seeing the behavior, it should assist with their investigation.

Thanks!