5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 5, 2017 6:41 AM by tyishikawa

How do you grab Jive CSS Assets from a custom Jive tile?

tyishikawa

I would like to get Jive's custom CSS assets for use in my custom tile, so I can standardize the styles. These CSS assets used to be accessible with the link tags below, but they have been moved in a recent version of Jive. How can I access these CSS assets (jive.css, jive-icons.css, jive-places.css, jive-customization-controls.css)?

<link rel="stylesheet" href="/8.0.3.6eafe9c/styles/jive.css" type="text/css" media="all">  
      <link rel="stylesheet" href="/8.0.3.6eafe9c/styles/jive-icons.css" type="text/css" media="all">  
      <link rel="stylesheet" href="/8.0.3.6eafe9c/styles/jive-places.css" type="text/css" media="all">  
      <link rel="stylesheet" href="/8.0.3.6eafe9c/styles/jive-customization-controls.css" type="text/css" media="all">

• Re: How do you grab Jive CSS Assets from a custom Jive tile?
          mattdickens

I believe you can reference them as:

<link rel="stylesheet" href="/styles/jive.css" type="text/css" media="all">   

<link rel="stylesheet" href="/styles/jive-icons.css" type="text/css" media="all">   

<link rel="stylesheet" href="/styles/jive-places.css" type="text/css" media="all">   

<link rel="stylesheet" href="/styles/jive-customization-controls.css" type="text/css" media="all"> 

tyishikawa

I was able to find a slight workaround. I found that these assets are actually hosted on jiveon.com, so I linked these files from there. I am unsure if these resources will ever be moved, so this may not work in the future, but it works as of today (the date of this comment).

<link rel="stylesheet" href="https://assets2.jiveon.com/core/2016.3.4.0.efc1903/styles/jive.css" media="all">
            <link rel="stylesheet" href="https://assets2.jiveon.com/core/2016.3.4.0.efc1903/styles/jive-places.css" type="text/css" media="all">  
            <link rel="stylesheet" href="https://assets2.jiveon.com/core/2016.3.4.0.efc1903/styles/jive-customization-controls.css" type="text/css" media="all">

mattdickens

Try using the absolute path to your environment rather than the relative paths I included. They might not be accessible via the hxxps://app-yourdomain.com domain.

<link rel="stylesheet" href="hxxps://yourdomain.com/styles/jive.css" type="text/css" media="all">  

<link rel="stylesheet" href="hxxps://yourdomain.com/styles/jive-icons.css" type="text/css" media="all">  

<link rel="stylesheet" href="hxxps://yourdomain.com/styles/jive-places.css" type="text/css" media="all">  

<link rel="stylesheet" href="hxxps://yourdomain.com/styles/jive-customization-controls.css" type="text/css" media="all">

If that works (as it did in my tiles), it would be a better option that referencing another jive environment. I don't favour that sort of dependency.

1 person found this helpful