The problems are very generic in nature. Most easy way to attract more participation is by making people's life easy.
For Example : We put IT support guys on our internal Jive instance with well defined SLA and as a result we have seen significant improvement in number of active users on our instance.
1 person found this helpful
Hi Pushpendra - it sounds like we may be using the instances in different ways. The spaces I manage are generally for communications around our business. Items that would be only in e-mail form if we didn't have Jive. So, while we have no trouble with active membership (currently 95% of our registered users are active) we don't see a lot of participation within our communication areas for users who have to adhere to a defined schedule during the day. I'm hoping other companies who have been successful in this area to share any thoughts or ideas.
2 people found this helpful
Hey Brooke, unless Pushpendra is your new mentor, you might want to leave your question unmarked as correct... otherwise people will think you've found your mentor. If you have found your mentor then ignore this comment !
I am interested in being your mentor. I figured it is time to give back after having 10 years experience managing and implementing internal communities for over 20+ companies. Here's my info if you choose to take this mentorship mission
- Name, Title, Company: Miriam Smith, Principal/PM Consultant, Beyond Social, Inc.
- Industry, # of employees: Just me
- Type of Jive community you have (internal, external, or both): Managed internal, implemented both
- Topics you'd like to discuss: All of your top 3 topics
- Improving engagement - sharing nuggets of wisdom in enticing employees/community members to explore your internal community, sharing what works and don't work from other companies.
- Utilizing Tiles on Activity pages - sharing recent experience of migrating widgets to ties and putting a migration path for Social Group/Space owners.
- Reduction/eliminating the need for e-mail communications - showing how using Jive for Outlook will give an employee back 10 mins of their time...and more.
- Anything else you'd like to share with your partner: Hoping to help you since when I was in your shoes and just starting out as a CM, there was no one around to go to.
Thanks Miriam! My apologizes for the delayed reply. I was out of the office last week. If you have some time this 2nd half of this week I'd love chat. Do you have anytime on Thursday or Friday we could talk? Feel free to e-mail me directly @ firstname.lastname@example.org.
No worries and I will directly respond to your e-mail for available dates/times. I am looking forward in connecting with you.