2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 6, 2017 9:52 AM by heatherausmus

Should we be receiving alerts when an add-on is disabled or there is a configuration error?

heatherausmus

Is it possible to (or are we supposed to) receive an alert in the community and / or via email when an add-on is disabled or there is a configuration error? We have one add-on where it has broken twice now and we don't find out until the last minute or someone reports it, but I'd like to be proactive and correct it when it happens.

I see the error on the add-on page, but I have to go to that page to see it, which doesn't really help when I'm not in there ever.

If there are no alerts now, are there plans for alerts? 

• Re: Should we be receiving alerts when an add-on is disabled or there is a configuration error?

Hi Heather Ausmus,

While there is  a global process that would alert you if an add-on is removed from the registry, there is not a notification that an add-on's configuration is incorrect. That being said, there are a couple of options moving forward:

1. If this is an add-on developed by Jive I would recommend submitting a case in your customer group so that a member of our support team can investigate the root cause of the configuration issue.

2. If this is a third-party developed add-on I would recommend reaching out to their support team as a next step as the might have further information related to configuration/alert options.

Thanks!

• Re: Should we be receiving alerts when an add-on is disabled or there is a configuration error?
              heatherausmus

Thank you Jesse Fuller! It is an add-on from Jive and we've had cases opened and closed. It's more of an alert to let us know that the configuration is broken vs. help in fixing the configuration, maybe I didn't explain it well.

But, for right now, it is the Box Add-On where we see a need. We just don't know the configuration is broken until someone tries to download a file and receives the error message. It would be nice to receive an alert that the configuration is broken to proactively fix it before a member receives an error. It the configuration issue is with us, not the Add-On or Jive platform. Hope that helps. I'm guessing then that this is a feature request and will create an idea (and / or look for one to vote on). I just wasn't sure if I was missing something, which can definitely happen.