1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 6, 2017 2:50 PM by jesse.fuller

What happens if I change a user name and login in the admin console?

jima92119

I have a user who go married, but our SSO created a new ID instead of syncing with the existing ID.  Please help!!!

I know that we will need to troubleshoot the root cause (see below), but I have a user who cannot access content that she created and owns.  What is the impact if I deactivate (or even delete) the newly created account and then modify the existing account to reflect the new user login and name?

Here are some other considerations:

We use first.last@company.com as our login id to most applications

We use a SAML SSO

The new Jive account that was created by SSO does not have any activity or documents created against it.

Possible Root Cause:

We are using SSO and in the admin console, the SAML settings under user attribute mappings for "External Identifier" and "Username" are both set to unchecked. See image below.Screen Shot 2017-02-02 at 10.09.30 AM.png

Your help is appreciated.

Jim Acree

• Re: What happens if I change a user name and login in the admin console?

Hi jima92119,

Reviewing through your description:

What is the impact if I deactivate (or even delete) the newly created account and then modify the existing account to reflect the new user login and name?

This will most likely be the steps you need to take in order to update the user's account in both your Jive instance and external identity provider. However, I would recommend submitting a case in your customer group as a next step where a member of our support team can assist in reviewing your specific SAML configuration and providing a more targeted response.

Thanks!