10 Replies Latest reply on Feb 14, 2017 6:37 AM by pbradle9

Last Login Never - users that have never logged in

mnevill

Is it common to see a lot of users with a Last Login date of Never?  The last community I managed had a SSO process that more or less forced all users to login to create their account.  For the community I am running now, I see a significant amount of users that have never logged in.  We currently have registration moderation enabled, and I know all of the members that are not approved (still in moderation) and the ones that are rejected will have a login date of Never (rejecting seems to disable the user by the way). However, there are still a lot of users unaccounted for that don't fall into either of those cases.  Is it normal to see a lot of users register and then never login?  How does everyone else out there handle these users?  Is there any downside to deleting them?

• Re: Last Login Never - users that have never logged in
          socketz

Based on my experience, this is odd Matt Nevill

Off the top of my head, I would wonder if people are getting lost during the registration process?

We used to use the Jive Login process, but recently switched to SSO.  Once my former Jive based registered users login using SSO and there is an email match, the federated flag will flip to yes.

Caton Guilbault

Hey Matt,

We have just under 5K folks from the jiveuser table that show a zero for last logged in. When I inspected these folks in the past about 10% where users that got invited to join by other users but never did plus a few hundred were rejected via moderation. The rest looked like normal users who were confused as to why they needed to create a Jive account. Basically the user thought they were setting up an account for our billing system but were mistaken. Our welcome email clearly stated what they account the just made could be used for so they just bailed and never used it since they didn't need/want it in the first place.

socketz

When I inspected these folks in the past about 10% where users that got invited to join by other users but never did

Interesting.

So let's say I invite someone to join using an email address, but that user does not yet have an account, will they show up as a user that never logged in inside of Jive?

I always thought that if someone was invited that did not have an existing account, there was a vanilla email template used to invite the user to register.