4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 22, 2017 1:09 PM by mark.schwanke

Reply by email not working on LG G4 default email app

mark.schwanke

I had a person Reply by Email on a Direct message they received today and it came to me instead of going through the jive-RANDOM@mail.instancename.jiveon.com address.  They told me that they are using LG's default email app for their Yahoo account.  I'm assuming there is some bug in the app that sent it to the undeliverable address or the from address instead the server that processes reply by email.

Mark

• Re: Reply by email not working on LG G4 default email app

Hi Mark,

Reviewing through your description I would suggest reaching out to the LG team (developer of the mail app being used?) as they might be able to provide additional information on the behavior of their app.

That being said, if you are seeing the same behavior in your instance when replying from a full mail client (for example mail.yahoo.com) directly, I would recommend submitting a case in your customer group ( MyJive Secret Support Group Administration FAQ ) as a next step, so that a member of our support team can review through your instance specifically. When submitting the case, if you could also attach a copy of the message being sent (with full headers - FAQ: Configuring and Troubleshooting Email Integration ) as this should provide some additional information about the specific email's format.

Thanks!

mark.schwanke

That will be a black hole... Doesn't  anyone @Jive have an LG phone they could run some tests on to see what's happening vs what should be happening so that 1 either the reply by email template could be adjusted to account for LG's email app or at least you could give me the details what their app isn't doing in order for reply by email to properly work.  

I can tell you if I called LG, I wouldn't talk to any support person who knows anything or would get it to the right person. I used to work for one of the other manufacturers so I know. If I did they happen to get it to the right person, they wouldn't have a Jive account at their fingertips to do testing. It would be a black hole. This is probably affecting other customers who have people with LG phones. 

I just brought this to your attention so that you could hopefully fix it. If I had an LG phone lying around I'd probably help you troubleshoot

mark.schwanke
              1. I have a copy of the email that was sent to me from the LG Mail app. I'll put that in a private case
              2. If they send from their Yahoo app and it works then it is just their phone's app.  Not sure how to get a copy of the sent email unless they CC me on it when they do so.

Is there any sort of token expiration so that if someone doesn't respond within a week that it won't post to the site? Just wondering if I'll have to have them respond to a new one or if the original one is fine.

Mark