3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 24, 2017 1:13 PM by edovale

App action conditional contribution based on place and extprop

edovale

Is it at all possible to have an action show depending on both, a extended property on the content and an extended property on the content's container?

I am looking at something like this:

jive/actions/content/question?filter=notexists(context.extprops.propname)&filter=exists(context.container.extprops.propname)

I think multiple filters are not supported but can someone think of a way to achieve this?

• Re: App action conditional contribution based on place and extprop

You can filter by multiple condition, just make sure to escape the ampersand correctly:

path="jive/actions/places/*?filter=canCreate(102)&filter=exists(context.extprops.propname)&filter=exists(context.extprops.propname)"

1 person found this helpful
          • Re: App action conditional contribution based on place and extprop
            Ryan Rutan

This was apparently stuck in my drafts from yesterday, but something to add here.

Thats a good question that I had to double check for myself.

You can declare multiple filters, such as?filter=exists(abc)&filter=exists(def); however, the criteria for filtering is implemented as an OR condition and as such, there is not a way define a state that guarantees both conditions are TRUE to make the action visible.

The ONLY "AND" condition that works is the "canCreate" filter AND the result of all other filters which are interpreted as a chain of ORs.

Just thought I'd share. =\

2 people found this helpful