3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 13, 2017 9:25 AM by tmaurer

Is there an update for timing on Task Tile?

tmaurer

In this post, Can I show Tasks in Tiles?, it was asked if there was a Task Tile. The response from support was that one was on the roadmap and would be delivered in 2016.3. It was not delivered in that release, so I'd like to find out what the new schedule is, or if it has been removed from the roadmap. And if there are suggestions for a workaround.

I believe Melissa made some suggestions, but I think the issue we are currently having is around surfacing tasks from a project into the containing space/group.

• Re: Is there an update for timing on Task Tile?
          tmaurer

I just tried Melissa's suggestion of using a Tagged Content tile, and those do not give the option of including tasks.

I tried it anyway to verify, and found that it did not, in fact, show tasks. It did show other content with that tag, but no tasks.

Hi Tracy,

Checking internally, it appears the "task tile" mentioned in Can I show Tasks in Tiles? was removed from the current roadmap. As such, I would suggest submitting this as an idea to the Ideas for Jive if this is a feature you are interested in.

As for potential workarounds:

The tagged content tile should have the option to surface tasks:

Screen Shot 2017-03-10 at 2.48.08 PM.png

However, as you are not seeing this option available I would suggest submitting a case in your customer group as a next step where a member of our support team can investigate further into your specific instance.

Thanks!

1 person found this helpful
                  tmaurer

Jesse,

That works at the Project level, but not at the container level. So in the use case de3scribes, where I want to surface the project tasks within the group containing the project, I'm not able to do that.

Thanks for checking on the tile. I'll go ahead and open an idea and reference the post in case anyone watching the post is interested in voting.

1 person found this helpful