2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 28, 2018 6:43 AM by euva

Can you set the frequency of email alerts for open questions

cjennings85

Hello,

We are currently using Jive Cloud and I am wondering if there is an admin setting to configure the frequency of email alerts sent when a question has been open for a set period. It seems you can only set the time period for when an alert is first sent, but you cannot adjust the number or frequency of alerts sent until the question is marked answered.

Is that correct? Or can someone please point me to a previous document/discussion or help answer below?

Thanks,

Chris

• Re: Can you set the frequency of email alerts for open questions
          Raj Vachhani

Chris,

Unfortunately there is no provision to control the time for alert notifications in Cloud environment. Once alert feature is enabled, Jive keeps sending the notification every 4 hours. Jive says update to this feature is in pipeline but the release timeframe is uncertain. My company users were so pissed with this feature that I had to develop an independent application that runs twice a day, checks the schedule of configured Spaces in my database, collects all open questions list and sends the alert notification to subscribers.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Raj

4 people found this helpful
            • Re: Can you set the frequency of email alerts for open questions
              euva

This is frustrating. I set up a test for email alerts for open questions older than 24 hours to generate an alert and I received four emails about it: 6:14 PM, 10:14 PM, 2:14 AM, and 6:14 AM. It is a little inconsistent and unclear why it would be every four hours. I can imagine this bugging our users as well.

A few questions for anyone out there: Maybe it could be used less frequently or we could increase the number of hours it will generate an alert? Is there any way to change the email template?