2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 1, 2017 6:25 AM by Ryan Rutan

Customising "new streams" to get only status updates into it

gopi.gorantala

Ryan Rutan Rashed Talukder Matt Collinge

I am trying to achieve a business use-case of pulling the root community status updates and making them available in a custom stream(which I will make it available to some specific people).

Is there a way to achieve this using Tiles ?

-Gopi.

• Re: Customising "new streams" to get only status updates into it
          gopi.gorantala

This is achievable through plugin is what I see now. And I am not sure on the performance impact how it will be as I'm pulling the data from entire jive platform into a custom newStream.

Any idea on the approach  ??

-Gopi.

• Re: Customising "new streams" to get only status updates into it
              Ryan Rutan

This would be difficult to do across the entire community via the APIs, since public status updates have a parent of the User (/api/core/v3/people/xxxx) rather than a central place (or lack there of).  This means to target all public places, you'd have to grab all the updates....and then post-filter them based on if they have a parentPlace that is a User or a real place.

If you were able to grab a large enough data-set (and status updates in the public were relatively common) ... it is feasible to think that you could create a custom view tile to display and render the details...but it would definitely not always be repeatable if status updates were a common thing in groups/projects as well.

WRT to the plugin route, I would recommend using a plugin to only create a composite service end-point that you can contribute to the /api/core/v3 API set ... that you could then call with osapi.jive.* functions.  This would insulate the best from platform changes.

Hope that helps.

1 person found this helpful