4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 17, 2017 11:08 AM by Sarah O'Meara Branched to a new case.

Marking Content Official

ydarling

Happy Friday!

I was reading through some resource here that said we could mark content as official- but I can't seem to find it- does this exist? Am I crazy? Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy?

If not, what are some best practices on making it obvious which content was created by employees and which from users? Do you think this is even necessary?

Thanks!

Yum

• Re: Marking Content Official
          Sarah O'Meara

Good news, you aren't crazy   You are indeed able to mark content as official! It will appear on the righthand side of your screen near the bottom. I just checked with my test account, and I think it is only visible to administrators. I'll look into finding you the documentation and report back shortly.

Screen Shot 2017-03-17 at 10.58.43 AM.png

Sarah O'Meara

I found official documentation, I'm not sure if you have access to it, but long story short, content that can be marked as official are

• Documents
              • Discussions
              • Blog Posts

I found this great explanation:

"System administrators, space administrators and space moderators are all able to mark or unmark official content.  It is important to remember that while a user may be the owner of a social group, unless they are a system administrator, they will not be able to mark content within that group as official.  This is due to the fact that, while anyone can create a social group, only designated administrator users are authorized to determine which content is official.

Content can be marked as official clicking the Mark as Official link within the action sidebar of a document, discussion or blog post.  Only administrators will see this option."

Hope this helps!

1 person found this helpful
              Libby Taylor

Another good method to use is applying a role badge to all of your employees so that when they post content you can see a little employee mark next to their names. Let me know you want more info about how to do that, you can see it in action here in JiveWorks.