Hi Mark Crawford,
Reviewing through your description, it's possible that the user posting the content does not have permissions to add attachments on content (admin console >> permissions >> home page permissions >> create attachments). However, if the user is able to add attachments to content I would suggest submitting this as a case in your customer group ( MyJive Secret Support Group Administration FAQ ) as a next step for further investigation by our support team. When submitting the case if you could provide a link to the content/place where you are seeing the behavior it should assist with the investigation.
Thanks for replying. I have raised a case in my customer group but they have not yet come back with a concrete answer.
To be clear, here is the scenario:
- I have connected a Google Group to my Space via Streamonce and Google Group Add-On
- I send an email to the Google group that has an attachment
- That arrives fine in Jive as External Content with attachment OK
- Someone else replies to that EMAIL to the Google Group (not in Jive, they reply via their email to the google group address) and attaches another item to their EMAIL
- The email arrives as a response to the original External Content but there is no attachment
This is not working at all properly in my opinion. I've just seen emails sent to the Goole Group with multiple replies and only some of the replies (not all) are appearing as Jive discussions. I am even seeing scenarios where:
- Initial email is sent to the Google Group -> that appears as External Content in Jive
- Reply to email 1 is sent -> does not appear in Jive
- Reply to email 2 is sent -> does appear in Jive (I see the reply 3 to the reply 2 but not reply 2 itself)