6 Replies Latest reply on Jun 20, 2017 2:35 AM by tirapareddy.tondapu@eidiko.com

How to make Our OAuth client (add on)as Global.

tirapareddy.tondapu@eidiko.com

Hi Team ,

I have a jive instance( anilnayak.jiveon.com) and created a OAuth  add-on in this instance (anilnayak.jiveon.com), and I'm able to generate access token from this doamin But when I try to generate access token from other instances for example "tirapa.jiveon.com" I'm getting an error invalid_client_id as shown in the attached screen shot.

So I would like to know how to make my OAuth2.0 client as global client so that I will be able to generate access token for all  jive instances(<domain>.jiveon.com)

Thanks

Tirapa Reddy Tondapu

http://1410_2861.25.png

• Re: How to make Our OAuth client (add on)as Global.

The recommended path is for you to implement the register_url end-point, and learn your clientID and secret on installation from each Jive instance.

See: Getting Started > Building a Jive Add-On

If that is not what you want to do, the best bet would be to hard code the clientId/clientSecret in your meta.json.  It's not recommended, as your clientId/clientSecret can be easily compromised if they are floating around inside a ZIP that you pass around...but this is supported if you want to manage this risk on your own.

meta.json

{

"client_id": "xxx",

"client_secret": "xxxxx"

}

Again, this isn't recommended unless your add-on is being deployed via the Add-On Registry.

1 person found this helpful
            • Re: How to make Our OAuth client (add on)as Global.
              tirapareddy.tondapu@eidiko.com

Hi Ryan Rutan,  Great and thank you for the proper response , configuring client_id and client_secret in "meta.json" will solve my requirement of unique client_id/client_secret. But the app should be Installed by end user(jive instance admin) i.e the end user need jive admin credentials to install the add-on into his instance.

So my questions are: 

1) Do we need separate JIVE instance to push our add-on to global registry? or can I push it to global registry without having separate JIVE instance if so could you please explain me how to do so?

2) Isn't there any way  that can be used to configure global application, i.e without  end user interaction to install my add-on into his instance or non-admin can set-up this add-on into his instance?

Thanks & Regards,

Tirapa Reddy Tondapu