2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 29, 2017 9:16 AM by ryanarsenault

Site Down: What does messaging look like?

ryanarsenault

Hey All,

What does Jive's out-of-the-box messaging look like when a community is "down" due to Jive issues? Is there a message that displays, or is it just a 404 error? Do we have the ability to control what this messaging would say? (i.e. with instructions on what to do / channels to seek versus community when the site is down). Thanks in advance -

Ryan

• Re: Site Down: What does messaging look like?
          Jill Ross

Hi Ryan,

I don't have a screenshot on hand, but I know there is some kind of "site unavailable" page with Jive branding. I don't know if it can be customized - I'm going to guess that it can't for Jive-x (cloud) customers, but probably could be for on prem.

Someone in Jive Support should be able to provide more information about outage messaging.

Thanks,

Jill

• Re: Site Down: What does messaging look like?
              ryanarsenault

Hi Jill,

This is helpful -- I will double-check with them as well! Was more that I just wanted to make sure it was actionable/informative enough (i.e. "We're experiencing difficulties right now, and are working to rectify the situation....please call support channels for immediate questions with the Forums being down...." etc. etc.). Will confirm with the team. Thanks so much!

Ryan