8 Replies Latest reply on Apr 4, 2017 6:54 AM by jesse.fuller

Jive Apps

ravi_heer

If I install app from the jive app store does it automatically become available for all users?

• Re: Jive Apps
          kenrubin

Hey Ravi,

You can either Install for the whole community or do a Preview: Make this service visible only to you. If there are tiles associated with this add-on, you can preview them in a private or private (unlisted) group.

ravi_heer

When selecting a app from the app market i do not see an option for preview or any options to limit the visibility

kenrubin

Ah, ok, we are on Cloud. Different apps functionality.

ravi_heer

We are also on cloud so steps are:

1. Click on create

2. Select discussion and click on more.

You will there is an option for (!App). Normal users can select this and it will bring up a App market window displaying available apps.

Users are given the option to install the app but i have not tested this as I do not want users to be able to download and install apps and also i do not know if they download it, will it become available for use only to them or the wider user community.

kenrubin

This one I will have to leave up to the jive folks. Our instance is not doing what you are describing.

Hi Ken and Ravi,

Reviewing through your descriptions and suggestions there is a point I would like to clarify. By default Jive Cloud instance will have access to add-ons vs apps. Ken, this is the functionality you are seeing in your instance. Ravi, for your instance, it sounds like you might have been migrated from a hosted instance or have had your Cloud instance for quite some time. If so, it's possible the legacy apps market feature is still enabled in your instance (which is shown in your screenshots).

To loop back to the initial question:

If I install app from the jive app store does it automatically become available for all users?

- For apps, no, each user will need to install the app themselves

- For add-ons, Ken is correct in his suggestions, as you will have the option to install for all users or preview it for your account.

Thanks!