12 Replies Latest reply on May 9, 2017 4:03 PM by Billy Volpone

Updating Points - Your Assistance Please

Toby Metcalf

Good day everyone,

I am using Jive 7 Hosted.

I have been searching my Admin Console, but cannot find how to change points - is this even possible?

If I can changes point values, will the change impact existing points accumulated by community members - will Jive recalculate?

Thank you for your help.

Best,

Toby

• Re: Updating Points - Your Assistance Please
          socketz

Within my hosted 7/8 implementations, I used the Gamification Console (Bunchball based) to tweak points.  It's been a while since I made these types of updates, but if you have Admin access to your instance, you should see a menu item under your username called "Gamification Console".

Toby Metcalf

Thanks for replying Michael - I do not have Gamification enabled, but as you can see from the screenshot above, there are points earned for specific tasks.

I am wondering if I can changes these values?

Any idea Sarah O'Meara

Thank you,

Toby

socketz

I see.  I thought Gamifiction needed to be enabled (as far as I know it is part of Jive, not an add-on) in order to have Missions->Tasks available.

I could be wrong?

Once enabled, you would go to the Admin console, look up the 4 digit userid, then open the Gamification console.

From the main page, click user lookup, then type in the userid.

This will give you a comprehensive breakdown of all points earned From there you can click Points and edit the point balance totals as shown below.

In the previous console, you could go into the challenge then edit the individual task and award points, but I cannot figure out how to do that in the updated version.

Toby Metcalf, the status level points you are referring to can be found in the Admin Console under People - Status Level Settings.  Here you can assign the point values and toggle from enabled to disable.

The point change should only effect users moving forward and not change any existing points acquired.

Thank You

1 person found this helpful