7 Replies Latest reply on Oct 19, 2017 8:30 AM by Koby Rodrig

Using Jive Rewards Advocate: repeatable events, restricting content access

Adam Arrowsmith

I'm using Jive-X Cloud, Jive Rewards and exploring the Advocates feature in comparison to competitive products such as Influitive for this function specifically.

I've seen Curtis Gross's 2015.3 videos and associated documentation but haven't come across much in JiveWorks about practical usage. A few questions:

1. First, is anyone using the Advocates feature out of the box? Or creating something analogous manually?
      2. How to configure repeatable events? For example, I want advocates to receive points when they perform a reference call. An individual can perform many reference calls. I imagine the act of a reference call would need to be a Custom Event action, so how to configure the quest so they get rewarded for each reference call (and not have dozens of the "same" badge)? (Conceptually perhaps I'm asking about a custom mission.)
      3. The Advocates feature requires you to use a group (I agree a private/secret/invite-only one makes sense). However, as a group all members' access is equal with respect to content. I would envision us wanting to publish blogs and documents about the advocacy program, but that means users can theoretically create/edit/delete those content (this is undesirable). Besides placing faith in those users, what can one do about this situation?

Thanks!

• Re: Using Jive Rewards Advocate: repeatable events, restricting content access
          Adam Arrowsmith

bumpity-bump

Anyone using the Advocates feature?

What about rewarding repeatable custom events--independent of Advocates specifically? If someone gives 5 references or attends 10 user groups, I do want to have to create N-number of Quests...

• Re: Using Jive Rewards Advocate: repeatable events, restricting content access
            Oliver Beirne

Hi Adam

I work with clients helping them configure Rewards for Social Edge Consulting so I hope I can offer some help:

First, is anyone using the Advocates feature out of the box? Or creating something analogous manually?

I've helped a couple of clients install the Advocates feature and it's relatively straightforward to setup. You assign a group to the Advocates category and it creates a page within your group automatically with a trophy case style widget. The privacy settings on the group you choose determines who has access to quests assigned to the advocates category. Is there anything specific you are looking for with this feature?

How to configure repeatable events? For example, I want advocates to receive points when they perform a reference call. An individual can perform many reference calls. I imagine the act of a reference call would need to be a Custom Event action, so how to configure the quest so they get rewarded for each reference call (and not have dozens of the "same" badge)? (Conceptually perhaps I'm asking about a custom mission.)

Currently you cannot create repeatable quests in Rewards, you can only create one-off quests. I don't know if this on Jive's roadmap but right now you can't create a custom repeatable q

The Advocates feature requires you to use a group (I agree a private/secret/invite-only one makes sense). However, as a group all members' access is equal with respect to content. I would envision us wanting to publish blogs and documents about the advocacy program, but that means users can theoretically create/edit/delete those content (this is undesirable). Besides placing faith in those users, what can one do about this situation?

So with documents you can restrict authors so not everyone can edit documents you create but as you say, groups members have equal access to content. I think with your advocates, you can be very confident in having faith in your users to not overwrite content you create. I would always encourage clients to not let this be a deterrent as it is very rarely an issue from experience.

I hope this helps and if you have any further questions let me know. Also, if you are at JiveWorld, I'd be more than happy to meetup to talk further.

Thanks

2 people found this helpful
              mnevill

Mor Avital - Can you comment on when repeatable quests will be available in Jive Rewards?  Sorry if I missed that communication. I searched around and this thread seemed to be the latest where anyone mentioned it.