I'm not sure if this helps, but I think we experienced a similar issue when we updated our message templates. When you edit a template, there is a language and locale drop-down, if memory serves correct, you would need to adjust the templates for each language / locale.
1 person found this helpful
My experience with editing message templates has been that if I had a syntax error, Jive would either just disregard the changes or fail to send at all.
If it helps, I did a side by side comparison with a text editor to see exactly what I had changed to ensure that I didn't leave off a small character or word.