6 Replies Latest reply on May 1, 2017 4:23 PM by Becky Dozier

Blog Post

dell-ravic

Hey Paul Marten,

How are you?

I have two questions on blogs that I need your help with:

1. Where can I look for pending moderation blogs
      2. How can I pin the blog to the home page of the forum for visibility

What does the mark as featured content do on the forum?

Thanks in advance,

Ravi

• Re: Blog Post
          Becky Dozier

Hello Ravi -

(1)  Moderators for community will find in their "Inbox" area a "Moderation" entry, with items available for moderation as they are generated via system activity.

Check out our documentation for more details on reviewing items in the moderation queue.

(2) We can add visibility to the forum blog in several ways. First, we can add a new stream to News to feature your blogs tile on your Home page. We can also add a "Latest Blogs" tile to the home page itself, positioned in the right column of the page.  Finally, we can add a reference to "Alienware Forum Blog" as part of the top right tile currently showing "Rockstar Lounge" and a single blog post. 

(3) Marking something as "Featured Content" will send it to a Featured Content tile in that space.  For example, if we had a Featured Content tile on the Alienware Forum page, and marked content as "Featured", that content would be promoted and accessible in that spot on that page.  In this example, I've flagged an answered question and a document as "featured content":

Let me know if you want to consider modifying the forum to include a Featured Content tile.

1 person found this helpful
              dell-ravic

Hi Becky Dozier,

Thank you for your response. I was unable to find the moderation button in my inbox, while I had full access to my ID. I went into the permissions and added mod permissions to be able to see the tab in my inbox. I believe, it should work with my full access and I dint have to add mod permissions right?

Having said that, I was unable to find the blog post in the moderation box. While it was still in pending moderation.

On the second question, Other than featured content, is there a way I can pin a blog post on top of the page to be visible to everyone as a first thing in the home page?

Thanks,

Ravi

Becky Dozier

Hello Ravi -

You do indeed have "full access" and also have the "moderate content" override, so you should be seeing this

Sounds like you don't see this option for moderation.  Can you confirm then that the members of "eclerxs" permission group are able to moderate content? I assume yes but it helps to be sure.

Now let's focus on the blog post question.  Is it your desire to publish a temporary Welcome message for your new community?  There are several ways to accomplish what you are asking - it's helpful for me to understand your requirement in more detail, in terms of what you are trying to achieve. We can create a document viewer to highlight your message on the right column, at the top, pushing the "Be a Rockstar, etc" down a bit. We can add another image to your rotating carousel to feature your blog (that would be one of three rotating images that support navigation to other content in your community).  I would need to check with Amber about the banner on your home page to determine if we might include a link to your blog from that banner.

And are we talking about your community's  Homepage or about the Alienware Forum page? I assume it's the Home page as opposed to the Forum page (again, just want to be clear).

Becky

dell-ravic

Hi Becky Dozier,

Thank you for your response. I'm able to see the Moderation now. On the blog, can we have the post pinned right below the rotating carousel?

Not sure if this is a possibility with the layout, can we have the pinned posts to show up in between the rotating carousel and Alienware News or any other please where it's prominent to visitors.

Thanks,
                      Ravi

dell-ravic

Hi Becky Dozier,

Any update on this one?

Thanks,
                          Ravi

Becky Dozier

Hello dell-ravic - I'd recommend you pin your blog posts on the upper right column, either as the first tile, or below the small tile holding "Rockstar Lounge, Be a Rockstar".  This gives the ability to access the content from the title of the blog post itself. 

You cannot configure this page with a new tile in between the carousel and the News pane. You can have up to 12 tiles displayed in the right-hand column.

You can choose to use a Document Viewer tile to display a Document content type (of the blog content - some duplicaiton of effort here). in this same location.

Finally, as I think we touched on, you may add an image to your rotating carousel highlighting the blog, and encouraging people to select it to read entire post.

You may find News Page - Overview and Examples  useful as a resource. 

I hope this is helpful!

Paul Marten