6 Replies Latest reply on Jun 2, 2017 10:42 AM by pbroadley

New Meetup, 2017

lmariani

So folks, it's been about a year since Blueprint hosted the last user group meetup. I'm thirsty for more! Who's up for hosting in 2017? Let's keep the momentum of JW17 going, and discuss some cool ideas we have simmering in our minds.

• Re: New Meetup, 2017

Hello all....

Let me inquire about a space to host....  I am thinking June 8th, or 9th as we will have one of our strategists in town to help facilitate discussions and offer experiences from our broader customer base. 

Will follow with more details.  Would like to hear on topics of interest.

I am also hearing the call for a quarterly virtual meet up... Toronto User Group

lmariani

I know that I would love to see how other people have used Tiles to help transition from old widgets. Which ones, and how you've effectively used them to display content on your sites.

Andrew Kratz

If it is helpful, I would be happy to get myself or a senior team member from Social Edge up to your user group to lead a conversation about moving from widgets to Tiles including the news pages.  From use of news streams, displaying of content on tiles, and building custom tiles to fill in gaps that exist.   I'm sure many clients in the Toronto area have experience and can add to the conversation to keep it interactive. 

We have worked with dozens of clients who have made that move and have some good best practices we could offer up to the group.  We have also implemented so many custom tiles that are similar to one another we put the most popular ones in an e-commerce store here.  But we know the drill on how to behave at a user groups since we are former customers of Jive.  It is about adding value by sharing great customer examples which we can do.

Let me know if this would be helpful to you. 

Best,

Andrew Kratz

Social Edge Consulting

pbroadley

That's something that I'm currently working on, so it'd be great to see what others are doing with tiles - especially since there's no 1-1 match

pbroadley

Hi Jason,

June 8 is next week. Any updates or are we looking at a later date?

pbroadley

I'm interested in

• learning how others are customizing their communities - email templates, stylesheets, integrations, etc.
                    • how an external community connects to a corporate website - in terms of look and feel and content
                    • how different business units collaborate on an editorial calendar