3 people found this helpful
We did a major overhaul of our HR portal and launched last June with amazing feedback. Below are some details. Let me know if you would like to discuss further.
We went through a phased approach during this 8-month project.
- Content clean up
- Content standardization
- Updated permissions by country
- Personalized by country
- Custom tiles to simplify and provide easy access to content/resources
- Help/support model to encourage self-service but allow employees to easily ask questions that are routed to the right person
- New communications/community management plan to ensure success
We created the page with custom tiles. Below is a screenshot of our site
A few notes:
- Page is personalized with employee's name
- Content is personalized by country. HR and managers can select any country and toggle to see that content
- Blogs are a blend of global and country specific blogs personalized for the employee
- The quick links are also country specific and will display based on the employee's country in their profile
- The help/support tile / form allows employees to quickly select a few parameters and submit their issue. It is coded to route it to the right team/person/ticketing system depending on the selection
- The category tile expands into subcategories
Here is the expanded view of the custom search tile with preview.
Here is the expanded view of the category tile
This is extremely helpful. Thanks so much! Would you have time for a brief call, as your schedule allows, to discuss some of the details you mentioned above? I am specifically curious about the permissions by country and how you handled global information. I'm also curious to see how you created the Country HR filters as this is not a feature I have seen.
Please let me know if I can schedule some time.
Thanks a lot for sharing. And congratulations it is very clear and easy to understand even from outside your company.
Kim Nelson - I work with Erin and am trying to help get her to the next steps. When you talk about custom tiles (specifically the one where you can sort by region), what did you use? Was it something created by an agency? Is it a Jive PS engagement? Something you can share?
Let us know. Thanks!!!