2 Replies Latest reply on May 18, 2017 6:20 AM by kristengastaldo

Does anyone else need to know when an idea's stage was changed?

Adam Arrowsmith

I manage a product feedback/ideas program in my external community. Sometimes I'm asked by internal and external people alike when was a given idea's stage changed and by whom. I've resurrected an idea for this (

Need audit trail and timestamp for when stage changes -- shameless plug) but I am curious if others have run into this difficulty with managing ideas?

Thanks!

• Re: Does anyone else need to know when an idea's stage was changed?
          Sarah O'Meara

Our workaround is to have the person who changed the status make note of it in the comment. In our Ideas for Jive space I always comment saying which stage I'm moving an idea into so the person is notified - everyone knows who changed the stage and when. It is time consuming, but it works!

Of course all the admins will have to know / remember to post a comment when changing a stage...

I've also tracked people down through DES who did not post a comment to find out who changed the stage. Very time consuming, not recommended

• Re: Does anyone else need to know when an idea's stage was changed?
            kristengastaldo

This idea is clutch! We've yet to roll out ideation in my current community, but in past experience it's really crucial that:

1 - People are notified when the status of their idea changes (the original poster and any followers/likes/voters).

2 - There is a reporting time stamp on when a status was changed. I always had to report on how many ideas were moved from not planned to under consideration to planned to implemented per quarter. Nearly impossible if you don't have some historical evidence around each idea. You also need to know how long things have sat in that "under consideration" bucket, so you can go back and update after a certain amount of time, making a much better experience for the people who submit ideas!

1 person found this helpful