3 Replies Latest reply on May 23, 2017 9:45 AM by jesse.fuller

System Defined Groups and Place Permissions

jslavin@marketo.com

Hello All,

Currently we have a place that we want all to be able to view, including people not logged in to Jive. A logged in member can view the place, but someone not logged in cannot.

I was wondering if this had to do with the settings of the System Defined Group "Everyone" and if so, how do I modify those settings. I have looked at the permissions for the place in the overview panel, and it appears to be open for all to access.

Thank you!

• Re: System Defined Groups and Place Permissions

Hi Jason Slavin,

Reviewing through your description, if guest access is enabled for your instance, I would expect the "everyone" user group to control permissions for unauthenticated (guest) accounts in your instance. For more information on permissions, you might find the following helpful - Managing Permissions

However, if you are assigning the "everyone" permission group view access and guest accounts are still not able to view content, I would suggest submitting a case in your customer group ( MyJive Secret Support Group Administration FAQ ) as a next step where a member of our support team can assist with further investigations. When submitting the case, if you could provide a link to the space you are wanting guest accounts to have access to, this should assist with their investigation.

Thanks!

jslavin@marketo.com

Hi Jessie,

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer my question. I looked through the documentation you provided, but was still unable to find that for which I was looking.

“Everyone” is a system defined group, and I have attached a screen shot showing it. It is permissions for this group that I am unable to change.

I will also connect back with JiveWorks secret group to see if they can help.

Please let me know what you think.

Thank you,

Jason

Hi Jason,

Thanks for the screenshot. Permissions for this group should be available via your admin console >> permission tabs, depending on what permissions you are wanting to assign out. From your description, this will most likely be the space permission tab:

However, if you are not seeing this as an available option in your instance, a private support case would be the best next step as further investigations into your specific instance would be needed.

Thanks!