4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 26, 2017 8:02 AM by clairetaz

Ask a Question tile does not return results for questions that are posted via Jive for Outlook

clairetaz

Is this a bug or is there are reason why results are not returned for discussions/questions posted from outlook/email?

The use case is that a team is getting lots of questions via email. They want to post them to a private group to build an FAQ. The emailed questions are not searchable in the Ask tile.

• Re: Ask a Question tile does not return results for questions that are posted via Jive for Outlook
          Andrew Kratz

Claire,

I think the issue is that the emails get converted to discussions not questions in the outlook process.  The Jive ask a question tile is looking for questions when it returns results.

It is a good point and adding an Ideas for Jive to either include discussions as possible posts that answer a question.  Or possibly give the option to convert to a question in Outlook.

We do have a solution for you in our Search/Ask a Question tile as part of our  Tiles by Social Edge that can be helpful.  You can configure our search tile to return up to 3 sections of information.  You can pick what kind of information you want to return (blogs, discussion etc..) and from which place.  There is a configuration panel so there is no HTML required to modify this.   You also control all of the look and feel such as fonts and colors.  The tile is called search, but you can optionally add the footer (as shown below) to "ask a question".    I asked a team member to double check that we can do exactly what you are suggesting - show both questions and discussions so you can pick up the outlook posts. 

We currently have 7 tiles all priced between 3-5k.   Here is one example of the search tile below

I hope this was helpful.

Andrew Kratz

Social Edge Consulting