8 Replies Latest reply on Jun 21, 2017 2:52 PM by Billy Volpone

Answered questions

dennismsmith

Is there a way to drill down into the answered questions to see which ones are viewed the most?

• Re: Answered questions
          Billy Volpone

Have you played around with the content filter page?

When you navigate to "/content" at the end of your URL, or via the Browse button, you will see lots of ways to filter content down to just a certain view. This is also how admins generate views to populate our new SuperList tile. From an answered question standpoint, you can filter to "questions" then "answered questions" and a view count will show on the right side, along with a tally of likes, comments, and bookmarks. You can then sort further based on "latest activity" which includes views.

jgoldhammer

Other way is to use Jive Analytics or our Sneak peek of the new awesome discussion tile (custom view tile) which allows to sort for views as a column.

dennismsmith

These are both great options, but I would have to do this for each space correct? Shouldn't there be a view in "Views of Answered Questions" community manager report? It seems only logical if you are going to show me total number of views you can break it down and show me most viewed answers.

Billy Volpone

There is an Answers Question tile/widget already out of the box, but that's not for showing admins view counts as much as showing end users key assets as soon as they hit a group or space. Jens is right that you can query the analytics database. Also though, there is an existing report within the Community Manager report dashboard (under the "content report" section) which shows 'Views of Answered Questions'. That's obviously a report for the community overall though. If you wanted to drive into sub-community areas more specifically, each group/space has it's own "reports" tab so you can just see top viewed content for that space and also break down Q&A a bit further. Have you explore those reports yet?

dennismsmith

I haven't looked at the individual space reports yet, was just hoping to have all information in one report instead of 10. I'll look into those now.

Billy Volpone

Well the reports aim to show different things, so would be quite messy to try and combine. The Community Manager Reports are actually a large collection of differing styles of reports and just so you're aware, they are getting a great makeover soon in one of the next cloud releases, to pull lots of these high level elements together. But because clients often have tens or hundreds of groups (maybe more often), other reports specific to key areas or even key content (ie: Impact Metrics) is shown mainly based on what you want to see and when you want to see it within each group or piece of content itself.

socketz

Billy Volpone

Answered Questions Widget? Is this a Cloud only widget?  I'm not sure I am familiar with this one under the hosted model widgets.

Billy Volpone

That should be the same for hosted or cloud, at least for widgets, as I know most new tiles are getting cloud releases first. But pretty far back, based on my memory, we've had an "answered questions" widget for use on the homepage or any group.

1 person found this helpful