6 Replies Latest reply on Jun 22, 2017 12:01 PM by mdimino

Manually Give Users Badges

dennismsmith

Can I manually give users a badge in the current version of Jive Rewards?

• Re: Manually Give Users Badges
          mdimino

Depends on the type of badge. As far as I can find, you can only give the generic Jive badges (the Welcome, Thank you, Happy Birthday, etc).  There's an option to create these 16x16 badges for roles, but they are pretty pointless since they are so ridiculously small. We'd love to be able to give larger badges (like the Jive badges) for people who participate in community programs, MVPs, product managers, etc.

dennismsmith

That's exactly what I am trying to do as well. We want to give badges to our advocates, top support agents, etc.

Billy Volpone

Marissa is spot on Dennis, you can create those via your admin console permissioning. Once you create a permission group (ie: gold partners) you can associate a role based badge with them that follows their avatar wherever they go throughout the community. Frank Field and his team have done this well in the Nintex community. I can easily spot support agents, experts, Nintex employees, etc. You get to pick the 16x16 icon, so obviously isn't best to create ones that are quite easy to recognize.

dennismsmith

The role badges don't really solve the problem I am facing since they are so small and hardly noticeable. I just thought there would be a way to give someone a larger badge such as the quest badges.

1 person found this helpful
                          Billy Volpone

You'd be surprised how easy they are to spot. But I hear what you're asking. They could be ways to showcase something via our profile hover cards, but that requires the user to hover on their user name... hence why we created role based badges for a quicker visual element.

mdimino

I agree dennismsmith. Unfortunately, they do not add a "visual" element since they are illegible (and definitely do not meet critical accessibility standards). Our community would be really excited by what seems like a simple solution- allow for the community admins to customize the badges from the Jive badges you can give other members. They would be much more impactful if they aligned with both community branding and company programs/initiatives.