2 people found this helpful
So there are a few things to note her:
- Rate limiting is enforced inside a Jive App / Tile to prevent degradation from within an extension.
- To my knowledge, rate limiting is handled via standard DDoS prevention mechanisms at the network level, but not within Jive and not limited to just the API.
- I would recommend filing a support ticket to get the official answer on this
- I'm not sure if the Network settings are configurable in Hosted/Cloud solutions, but obviously you have this control in On-Premise.
- I do not believe there is a mechanism to close off API access, but it's been a long time .. so need to look into the code to see if I'm imagining things. My gut says that it will be hard/difficult to reliably do this internally in the app, but if you did a network level block of "/api/**** where Authorization header is Basic.
Either way, I'd recommend filing a support ticket to get official answers, as they would be the ones to facilitate setup in most of these scenarios.
Hope that helps a bit.
Thank You for your help!!
We've been looking for a solution about this for a year !
(We already made a support ticket but with no responses since February ! )
I have a further question:
are oAuth Client Addons also concerned by rate limiting in JIVE?
(as far as Jive App/Tile are concerned)
1 person found this helpful
So the only internal rate limiting that I've seen in Jive is when you are using the osapi.jive.* functions (possibly even osapi.http.*), since these get proxied on your behalf through the OpenSocial/Shindig sub-system.
Other than that, I am not directly aware of any internal Jive throttling (code based) that happens to /api calls using OAuth or Basic beyond the DDoS protections I've discussed.