1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next 101 Replies Latest reply on Aug 18, 2017 1:46 PM by tmaurer Go to original post
      • 30. Re: Looking for some feedback from some awesome community managers...=)
        Keeley Sorokti

+1000 to tag management and cleanup --- this goes back to Jive needing to be a better content management system.

• 31. Re: Looking for some feedback from some awesome community managers...=)
          Keeley Sorokti

"  I hate the idea that once someone becomes the admin of a space they can go crazy creating subspaces without any administrative oversight"

Thank you Dennis. This is a low hanging fruit item. I need to be able to make someone a space admin but restrict their ability to create subspaces. Just give me an admin console setting please!!!  No matter how much I explain that users need to be thoughtful before creating subspaces, they pop up all over the place and I play whack a mole on a regular basis. I don't get notified either when they are created so I have remember to go see what has launched and I end up being the space police and feels like I'm shutting them down and taking things away. Not how I want to viewed in the business when I'm trying to promote openness and more use of the platform.

• 32. Re: Looking for some feedback from some awesome community managers...=)
            Keeley Sorokti

bulk content management was a great step in the right direction and a low hanging fruit item here would be to allow us to select all content in a place, not just 20 items in a page at a time. or give a setting that allows us to show 100+ pieces of content so we can select more than 20 pieces of content at a time to move, add a new category, etc

i also want to be able to select the category from the place I'm moving a piece of content to in bulk content manager tool. Otherwise we move content to new place and then have to back into the new place and select the category on it. Inefficient and very time consuming. This all goes back to the need for better content management overall but this function could be dramatically improved with this one small change.

1 person found this helpful
            • 33. Re: Looking for some feedback from some awesome community managers...=)
              Keeley Sorokti

Yes to this!! "For example, I'm posting the 2017 Marketing Priorities and I want to be reminded in Q3 2017 that the document is going to expire and I should get working on the next year and/or be reminded at the end of year mark that I should say this is outdated and link to the 2018 priorities. Same goes with content that should be reviewed/deleted after x number of years (maybe that's a system setting)."   

We we have so many core documents in our places that need to get updated on a particular cadence. When they are created I want the author to be sble to set a reminder for themselves to update the doc on a repeating schedule (quarterly, monthly, weekly, whatever it is)

• 34. Re: Looking for some feedback from some awesome community managers...=)
                Keeley Sorokti

I haven't seen anyone share one of my top items that would help me be more strategic and make all my users lives more happy. We need to be able to create and redesign places more quickly and easily. By this I mean being able to drag and drop tiles (like you can do with widgets) and copy a page layout to a new page so I have a base to work from if I am doing a redesign.

I need to be able to template a place with a custom created landing page and share it with people creating places as a choice. I would like to be able to create a menu of possible page layouts to choose from when people create pages.

This would provide a similar look and feel across our community without me having to get as involved with the design of new places.

• 35. Re: Looking for some feedback from some awesome community managers...=)
                  tmaurer

I want to +100 this second comment. I really notice and dislike the static feel. And in the community Keeley is talking about, they have switched to tile pages, and it is NOT the same. I am a CM and know this stuff cold, and I STILL find myself falling prey to thinking nothing is going on in the groups.

WHICH reminds me of something that no one has mentioned, yet I'm pretty sure we all wish. PLEASE give us an activity stream and/or discussion thread that auto-refreshes!! This would facilitate AMAs and SO MUCH MORE. And give people the real sense that things weren't static. It can be an on/off switch for the stream or discussion, because sometimes that is too distracting. Or if not that, then a specific tile you choose to allow that behavior. But this is sorely needed, and would remove some of the competitive pull of companies like Slack.

• 36. Re: Looking for some feedback from some awesome community managers...=)
                    Caton Guilbault

Hey Ryan,

We need some better data on Search. Its the primary way folks find stuff and we have little to no information on how content is presented/leveraged in that system. The Successful searches in CMR was a start but we really need a way to see what the CTR for X term to Y page. We also need a better way to understand failed searches, how many searches didn't lead to a click for which terms, etc.

• 37. Re: Looking for some feedback from some awesome community managers...=)
                      tmaurer

And search analytics needs to Include mobile, and custom or native tiles (i.e. API search calls)!

• 38. Re: Looking for some feedback from some awesome community managers...=)
                        lorilea

In regards to analytics, I don't know that I've seen this yet – but the one-year limit makes me nuts. I want to be able to go back and look at all 5 years of our data in those nifty charts. I can do it with GA, but I'm not as confident in the numbers. Also, it would be great to have the option to view year-over-year comparisons within those charts.

• 39. Re: Looking for some feedback from some awesome community managers...=)
                          ashleyholman

Yes please! I would love to do year over year comparisons!

• 40. Re: Looking for some feedback from some awesome community managers...=)
                            kim.nelson

does search even capture spotlight search or just from the search page?

• 41. Re: Looking for some feedback from some awesome community managers...=)
                              tmaurer

Spotlight and search page. But not anything else as far as we can see (and have worked with support to validate this as well).

• 42. Re: Looking for some feedback from some awesome community managers...=)
                                tmaurer

Here are two things that have occurred to me since my initial post. They are by no means "top" priorities, but I felt they were worth mentioning.

1) Ability to post on behalf of someone. So I know that Jive PS has a "delegate authority" add-on. I was excited to hear about it, purchased it without trialing (when will I learn), and was sorely disappointed. Here is how I expected it to work:

• Have a setting on profiles that allow me to designate one or more individuals to be able to post on my behalf
                                  • This setting only allows those designees to post on my behalf, not anyone else's
                                  • Anyone designated to post on my behalf would also be able to edit existing content of mine
                                  • Their site access would still follow their own permissions, so if I needed them to post in a restricted area, they would need to be given access to that area in their own name first
                                  • Posts would show that the content was posted on my behalf by the other person (transparency, and accountability maintained)
                                  • For the person posting, the experience should be easy. When I create a new piece of content, if I've been delegated as able to post for someone else, there is a dialog (or an option on the page) that asks who I am posting as. My options would be myself as the default, as well as options for anyone I've been given rights to post for. If I don't have delegated access, this DOES NOT APPEAR. Point is, it needs to be dead simple, and not entail a bunch of extra steps.

Most of the use cases associated with this are around executives who have PAs or a comms team helping them with their posts. It is not only about having help crafting the message, but also around timing - often the execs are traveling and unable to have the post happen at an optimum time. Other use cases have to do with product managers who have a ton of documentation that needs to be created for a product launch and so the whole team is working on content at the same time. In this case, the reason it is important to have it posted in a specific person's name is that then the audience knows who the correct contact is if they have questions.

The reason this is a big deal is that without an easy way to do this, (in some situations) people end up sharing their login details with others. Obviously, this is terrible from a security standpoint. In other situations, people have to come up with complicated processes that are hard to implement and scale.

2) Ability to customize CMR display. This is coming at the idea of improving CMR from a different angle. Things I could see being possible here include:

• Allow external injection into (and manipulation of) the reports. This would allow customers or third-party vendors to enhance the reports in ways that Jive hasn't considered or aren't relevant for a wide audience, but that make the CMRs a more relevant dashboard for individual customers. I could even see a vendor partnership where The Community Roundtable branded a specific set of reports that support their framework and were delivered within the Jive interface - customers get more meaningful data, that they can compare with other customers; TheCR has data they can use for proving the model; Jive has more complete data to prove value, etc.
                                  • Allow creation of reporting dashboard tiles. Two ways this could be used are outlined below. And while of course this could be done outside of Jive, how much better to keep the traffic inside of Jive - let me see all my Jive data in Jive.
                                    • To customize the actual display on the existing reporting pages
                                    • To publish specific stats to a larger audience. Think reporting on certain metrics to the group you were measuring so they can see how they are working together as a team. Or reporting collective metrics into a metrics space/group so that the CMO could see how his entire marketing team is functioning across all of their various spaces, groups and projects.
                                2 people found this helpful
                                • 43. Re: Looking for some feedback from some awesome community managers...=)
                                  Dennis Pearce

I'll second the ability to customize and publish to a broader audience.  Right now I download CSVs to Excel to create the reports I want (for example, because our employee base has bounced around a lot due to acquisitions, layoffs, and divestitures, I prefer to track Active as a percentage of Registered and Participating as a percentage of Active).  I then take my Excel charts, put them into documents and post them monthly to our internal Champions group.

• 44. Re: Looking for some feedback from some awesome community managers...=)
                                    tmaurer

Exactly the use case I'm targeting. Make it easy to define the report you want, then post it as a tile so that people can see the current stats.

1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next