1 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next 101 Replies Latest reply on Aug 18, 2017 1:46 PM by tmaurer Go to original post
      • 75. Re: Looking for some feedback from some awesome community managers...=)
        tmaurer

YES!!!!! And your comment about not being able to restore documents from a group is spot on. While you CAN do it (since those are stored in the root space), boy is that incredibly painful and mind-numbing!

• 76. Re: Looking for some feedback from some awesome community managers...=)
          b.taub

Sorry I missed this Keeley.  I think I need to delete an old Profile here.

As Keeley alluded to, our Product - InSite for Jive gives you the ability to create Custom Views spanning data from the APIs (Profiles, Content, Places, etc.) and the DES (behavioral data (likes, logins, comments, ratings, etc.).  We pull all that data into our servers nightly so that you can slice and dice through Query-By-Example and create and save more complex queries.

So we already have some (and can easily create the ones that are missing) of the community cleanup things Kim Nelson asked about above:

1. Identify groups with no content, no activity in the last year and no projects. Reach out to the owner (group) and ask if they still need it and if not delete.
          2. Identify spaces with no content, no activity in the last year and no subspaces or projects. Reach out to the owner (group) or admin (space) and ask if they still need it and if not delete.

We can also produce CVs that show:

1. Who hasn't logged on in the last 11 months (since Jive will deactivate them automatically after 12 months) so you can reach out and entice them to logon to reset the countdown clock and maybe look at the following resources that weren't here the last time they logged on.

2. Who joined in the last week so you can send them a Welcome DM and proactively help them with any onboarding issues they are having.

3. How many times were certain search terms searched for in a data range? So you can push content that is most often searched for forward in the user's experience on your site.

No bulk edits yet for changing content owners or deleting dead Places.  Also, changing the Author of content programmatically has implications that we need to ensure we are handling correctly.  But this kind of "bulk edit" functionality is on our roadmap and the APIs allow this kind of injection into Jive.

Happy to talk about the API and DES combo we do and the power available when you combine those two data sources with anyone who is interested.  More here: InSite for Jive: Analytics and Campaign Automation for Employee and Customer Communities  and on our website ate 411Labs.com.

Ben

• 77. Re: Looking for some feedback from some awesome community managers...=)
            b.taub

I believe DES can also let you know if the search was done in a Widget/Tile as we as Search Page and Spotlight.  Checking to confirm.

• 78. Re: Looking for some feedback from some awesome community managers...=)
              b.taub

DISCLAIMER:  Shameless (yet useful, IMHO) self-promotion ahead:

Michael Torok, our product, InSite for Jive, pulls all the API and DES data from Jive and let's you search, filter and sort on ALL of those fields - including email - with a link back to the Jive Profile on your Jive site.  More info here:  InSite for Jive: Analytics and Campaign Automation for Employee and Customer Communities

Happy to answer any questions you may have.

Ben

• 80. Re: Looking for some feedback from some awesome community managers...=)
                tmaurer

Likely. Really, my thinking here is that the current reports around search are incomplete. And it isn't clear as a customer what is included versus missing, or how many things would need to be pulled together to create a complete picture of search. I'm learning as I ask questions and find that things are missing. I'd prefer not to have to learn it all myself and have the report actually pull what it says it will. For example, NOT be like the old days where companies advertized tires, but the price didn't include the stems. I want all the pieces required to make it whole, please. 

• 81. Re: Looking for some feedback from some awesome community managers...=)
                  bneuhart

Thanks for starting this conversation Ryan - While I know there's a disclaimer that there's no action guaranteed this list certainly hits on a lot of things I hear from other CMs within my instance and asks of those looking to build or take advantage of a space/group.

The biggest needs I find are:

1. Jive Daily - If the mobile experience for Jive was easier to use and understand I'm confident we'd have even more adoption.  I get a lot of feedback on this from our employees who travel and don't always have the time to sit on their laptops.  It's constantly compared to LinkedIn which is very self explanatory and easy to use.  I also hope that the time/effort put into space design on the desktop version can be rendered onto the app.  I just converted a space from Widgets to Tiles and found that hardly any of my tiles are visible on the app.  Also, any technology that's available on the desktop version should be available within the app - for example adding a category.
                  2. Reporting - I have to agree with what everyone else has said.  Myself and my teammates spend a lot of time manually pulling data to provide to our senior leaders.  We've looked at other avenues to help build dashboards because we're unable to get all of the data we want for select users/spaces in one, easy to access dashboard.  Even a simple report or export of who is following a space/group should be an easy task yet through the the Jive Data Export Services (while there are instructions) we've gotten feedback it's not accurate or intended for that use.  It would also be nice to store report parameters so every time a report run is needed it is a simple push of a button and not recreating the parameters every time.
                  3. Tiles - One of the biggest takeaways I heard from JW17 was tiles, tiles, and tiles.  This made me nervous because Formatted Text is my favorite widget.  I am not a coder and while my HTML skills are developing I am more of a copy/paste sort of gal.  My internal instance has started to share the wealth as there have been some experts located in this area that can made great use of the HTML tile.  But, the Super List is no substitute for Recent Activity.  Having so much white space in the middle of a space is less than attractive.  Others have provided examples on this, too.
                  • 82. Re: Looking for some feedback from some awesome community managers...=)
                    b.taub

Yes!  Title, taxes and tags included out the door!  Totally agree.

These are the activities related to Search in the DES:

MAINSEARCHACTIVITY_MAINSEARCH
                    PEOPLE_SEARCHACTIVITY_PEOPLE_SEARCH
                    CONTENT_OR_PLACES_SEARCHACTIVITY_CONTENT_OR_PLACES_SEARCH
                    SPOTLIGHT_SEARCHACTIVITY_SPOTLIGHT_SEARCH

So you can get pretty granular not only on what was searched on but where the user searched from.

We built a little CV that shows search term and the count of times it was searched on in a date range:
                    Search CV in InSiteWe view this as extremely actionable since you now know the terms your users are looking for and how often - and can take steps to move access to that content up further in the user experience.

• 83. Re: Looking for some feedback from some awesome community managers...=)
                      KirstenL

Brooke Neuhart - trade out formatted text for document viewer. Benefits: 1) it's a tile, 2) it's ALSO A WIDGET, so you can start transitioning now without having to transition to tiles fully, 3) you get a better editing toolbar, 4) you have version control, 5) you can invite other people to edit the content, so you can grant control to portions of a landing page without granting full admin rights, 6) or you can lock it down and have no one edit, 7) you can surface the same document in multiple places, making for a great navigation... I could probably come up with more but as you can seem document viewer is THE BEST.

• 84. Re: Looking for some feedback from some awesome community managers...=)
                        bneuhart

Thanks Kirsten - That's what I have been using as a workaround.

• 85. Re: Looking for some feedback from some awesome community managers...=)
                          mnevill
                          1 - rebuild the email templates from scratch to use the RTE instead of tokens AND have automation rules to trigger emails based on configurable conditions:

I had been looking for a good example, and just stumbled across this.  I would love to see this built into Jive.

1 person found this helpful
                          • 86. Re: Looking for some feedback from some awesome community managers...=)
                            jgraff

I'd like to add an Ideas tile to Tracy Maurer 's above list.  Right now you have to use the Super List tile which lacks the following functionality:

Ability to display the current number of votes an idea has received

Ability to allow people to vote an idea up or down from the tile

Ability for an end user to see the current stage of an idea

2 people found this helpful
                            • 88. Re: Looking for some feedback from some awesome community managers...=)
                              jgoldhammer

Nice, really nice.

The sorting is done in the browser because Jive Rest API does not allow to sort ideas via score, correct?

1 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next