19 Replies Latest reply on Sep 13, 2017 3:23 PM by yaukdawn

Not receiving phone notifications

raafet

Hi all,

We recently started using Producteev as our main tool for project management. The notifications were working perfectly during 3 weeks then all users stop receiving them on our smartphones.

We are using for the moment the Free version since we are testing the capapilities and we planned to move to the Pro one if everything is OK, and one of the main reasons for the choise is the notifications.

Is there any reasons that the notifications stop working?

we are about 20 users with Android and IOS smartphones.

• Re: Not receiving phone notifications
          yaukdawn

I'm an iphone user and I recently updated my iOS to 10.3.2. Previous to that update, I was receiving notifications (badge updates, banners/alerts) regularly. Lately the badge numbers have not been working consistently (sometimes they don't work at all, other times they at least update to reflect that reminders times have been reached, one other badge number tied to a particular reminder won't go away at all even though that item has been updated with a new reminder time). Also, I haven't received any banners/alerts saying when a reminder has come due. The notification feature is a huge reason why I chose to use producteev, but if the reminders don't work effectively, this software is not very helpful.

I thought the problems could be due to my iOS update, but seeing raafet's message now makes me think differently. Do you have plans to address this issue? If so, do you have a timeframe for this to be resolved?

susan.ridgeon

Hi Raafet,

I can see your Notifications Settings are correct, so have raised the query with the Producteev Team internally.  I will let you know once I have an update.

Regards,

Susan

raafet

Thanks Susan for the update, and I hope that you find how we can solve the issue. As Yaukdawn said one of the main reason of choosing Producteev is the notifications capabilities.

susan.ridgeon

Hi raafet yaukdawn

An Engineer informed me that this should be resolved now.  I don't have anymore details at this time.

Please can you confirm if all is working as expected at your end or if an issue persists?

Thank you,

Susan

raafet

Hi Susan,

I confirm that the notifications are working perfectly now.

Thanks a lot for your quick response, and i really appreciate your cooperation.

yaukdawn

Hi Susan,

Thanks for your response and follow-up on the notifications issue. Reminders and notifications are working much better now. One lingering problem for me, however, is one of the notifications I mentioned initially...one that won't go away. That is still a problem. While the reminder has been re-set several times within the task, one notification for that item from June continues to be highlighted no matter what I do. I've even deleted the task to see if that would clear up the issue but my notifications still say "1". Any ideas on how I can get this to clear?

susan.ridgeon

Hi Arlo,

So the Producteev team can investigate, please can you provide the name of the Project and Task that this issue relates to?

Thank you,

Susan

yaukdawn

Susan,

Sorry for delayed reply. Never received a message indicating your response. As for the issue where the notification won't clear: the project is "Financial" and task is "Data/TV/phone investigation". The reminder has gone off several times and been re-set, but the particular reminder date that won't clear is Thursday, June 8. Another user on my network has a different one that won't clear for him; the project is "Health" and task is "doctor appointment". The date of that task reminder that won't clear is Monday, July 10.

Also, I'm noticing in the last two days I'm having issues with reminders not going off again and not showing up in my notifications. I search for tasks and the reminder date/time is in red, but there isn't a notification in my listing for at least two that I'm seeing right off the bat. Now...hold on. In doing a little further testing, I did re-set one task reminder and it appears to work. Wondering if the previous reminder was set during the time that the system wasn't working and so anything during that timeframe we'll experience lingering issues. I will keep watching this concern for now, but I at least wanted to make you aware.

susan.ridgeon

Hi yaukdawn

The Producteev engineer has cleared the notification count from the DB. Can you confirm if this resolves the issue?

Thank you,

Susan

yaukdawn

Hi Susan, unfortunately neither of our notifications have cleared.

susan.ridgeon

Hi Arlo,

I have asked the engineer to continue looking into the issue. I will let you know once there is an update.

Regards,

Susan

susan.ridgeon

Hi yaukdawn

The engineer set the unread notification to read. Can you confirm if this has worked?

Thanks,

Susan

yaukdawn

Thanks for your persistence, Susan. A little closer...the notification no longer shows up as highlighted in the listing for my particular item. However, the notification count is still counting the particular item in question. Maybe clearing the notification count again now will work this time?? Of course, you all will know better, but just a thought.

As for the other individual on my network that is experiencing the same trouble with a different item, his notification is still highlighted and showing in the notification count. Don't know if his was tested in this process though.

Thanks.

yaukdawn

Hi Susan,

Following up on this item which is still unresolved. I've noticed that there is an option in the web version of the software where I can mark all notifications as read. That works to clear out the notification numbers temporarily. However, when I refresh the page, it re-sets my notification count back to "1"...which is still that item from June that doesn't want to clear out. Additionally, the mobile app notification number never goes to "0". It continues to stay at "1". Is this issue still being reviewed and worked on?

Thanks.

yaukdawn

Hi Susan,

It's been almost a month and I haven't received an update regarding this unresolved issue. Can you please let me know that this is still being looked at for resolution??

susan.ridgeon

Hi Arlo,

The engineer cleared the notications on August 14th.  I have followed up with him, further to your response dated August 22nd.  I will update the thread once there is more information.

Thanks,

Susan

susan.ridgeon

Hi Arlo,

The engineer explained that there were 15 unread notifications at the front end but found only 14, so changed it to 14 in the db. It could have been out of sync as a result of the changes made previously. Now there are 14 notifications and the count is 14.

Has this resolved the issue?  Would you like him to clear all notifications?

Thanks,

Susan

yaukdawn

Hi Susan,

My notifications are now working correctly, so thank you for having the engineer continue to work things out. However, another user on my network still has a different notification that won't clear for him; the project is "Health" and task is "doctor appointment". The date of that task reminder that won't clear is Monday, July 10. What other information might you need from me in order to work on his issue?

Thanks.

yaukdawn

Update: I do notice that my notifications are operating completely differently than before now. If I click to view the notifications list and select one that is highlighted, whether I update my notification or not, it clears the numbers out. Prior to this whole situation, it required updating the deadline time information for the notification to clear and unhighlight the item. What do you intend to have happen for the users is now my question? Personally, I would rather have the item stay highlighted in my notification list until it is dealt with (previous operation and what I'm used to). I don't know what others would say.

Also, the notifications pop up in my phone app when the time comes due; however, it requires me logging out and back in on the desktop version in order for notification numbers to show up. This is also a newly different issue.