3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 24, 2017 5:24 PM by blake.scott

I store a lot of documents in a folder in a group. Can I get a listing of these documents? thanks

frankthomas

I want to do a document inventory. Thanks

• Re: I store a lot of documents in a folder in a group. Can I get a listing of these documents? thanks

Hi frankthomas,

I'd have to take a look at your instance in order to fully verify your request.  Jive does not have a construct known as a "folder", rather content lives within "Places", separately known as Groups and Spaces.  You should be able to see a list of all content (that is, all content available to that user via their system and group permissions) that exists within any Group by utilizing the URL https://yoururl.com/groups/the-group-name/content.

If you still need more information regarding this subject, I would recommend opening a support case within your JiveWorks Secret Group, and include a link to the page which contains the folder you have mentioned.

Best Regards,

Blake Scott

• Re: I store a lot of documents in a folder in a group. Can I get a listing of these documents? thanks
              frankthomas

Thanks blake.scott for your response. I think we may be close to answer if I may ask again in the context you have offered. When I do the https://yoururl.com/groups/the-group-name/content specific to my context I get a nice list of the contents. Clicking on the Detail button then shows the Title, Author, and latest activity as the screen grab shows. And as you see we use a folder type of organization to filter different documents into groups or whatever that is. The below list is from our Tip Sheets folder.

What I am wondering is if that information (Title, Author, Latest Activity), for a given (group, place?) can be exported to a txt or csv file? As you can see we have folders set up to the left. I'd like to be able to dump the title and other detail of the content to a file. Not the content itself. Just the Title, author information of the documents. We keep master files for our tip sheet documents in one place and consumer versions in another place. Being able to produce the kind of lists I am asking about for each set of documents in each place would make our version management much easier.

Thank you Blake.

Hi frank thomas,

Thank you for explaining that and adding that picture, as it really helped me understand what you were referring to.  With that information, I can now tell you that those folders are an icon used to represent what Jive calls Categories.  Categories are a construct used to organize content within a Group or a Space. 

I've looked into this extensively, and unfortunately the functionality you are asking about does not exist out of the box.  You can probably pull this information from the API using the Category endpoint ( Jive REST API v3.14 → Category entity ) and a few other parameters, but you would need to develop a way to parse the information and output it into a txt or csv file. 

You may want also want to add this functionality as an improvement idea in our Ideas for Jive  Space, where improvement Ideas are voted on by members of the community and reviewed for inclusion in future versions of Jive.

Best Regards,

Blake