2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 24, 2017 9:27 AM by ReeceO

JiveDaily: Are you able to upload videos larger than 20MB?

ReeceO

Hi,

We discovered an issue with the Jive Daily app a at the start of the year which means videos larger than about 20MB fail to upload. This was reproduced by Jive engineers and registered this as a bug...

JD-3022 Video files <20MB failing to upload via Jive Daily

I'm curious to know if other customers are experiencing this? The app is meant to enable content creation on the go, but this bug/limit is a real hindrance for mobile video creation.

If so please raise a case in you private support group to help get some traction on the issue. The bug is currently being triaged by the Engineering team with no information as to potential resolution dates / inclusion within any planned updates.

Regards,

Oliver

• Re: JiveDaily: Are you able to upload videos larger than 20MB?
          gvdd

Just succeeded in uploading a video of 48 MB via Jive Daily 2.22.0 on Android to our Cloud instance.

What kind of config did you experience the issue with?

• Re: JiveDaily: Are you able to upload videos larger than 20MB?
              ReeceO

No special config just using the standard JiveDaily app. We have experienced the issue on both Android and iPhone, using both WiFi and cellular data. Today I tested on iPhone with Jive Daily 2.22.1 and still having the issue.

I was able to successfully upload a couple of videos under 22MB but larger videos still always fail, no matter if they are shot from the phone (mov) or downloaded to camera roll from elsewhere (such as mp4).

I noticed the video is also gets compressed when I select it for upload. So if successfully published, its also a good idea to check the actual size on the desktop site by checking the download source size.