2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 16, 2017 2:45 PM by blake.scott

Unsubscribe from Weekly Updates

mdimino

A client escalated an issue to our Legal team after they were unable to find the unsubscribe option in the Community Updates email. Is this something that I can add from the admin panel?

Thanks!

• Re: Unsubscribe from Weekly Updates
          XMaskuli

Hi Marissa Dimino!

You can definitely modify the message templates for the Community Updates E-mail to include a link and instruct users how to change their preferences. JiveWorks has such an instruction on the bottom of their notifications (I saw it on the notification of this thread).

The templates controlling those notifications are called:

Email Digest (Daily, SemiWeekly, Weekly) (New)

Email Digest (Daily, SemiWeekly, Weekly) for Streams (New)

Or you can also choose to add the following freemarker text to the Footer message template (which will affect all of you E-Mail notifications) if you want as well.

For Plain Text Body:

To change your email preferences for ${communityName}: Click here: (${instanceURL}user-preferences!input.jspa)  to modify your E-mail preferences and click SAVE at the bottom of the screen

For HTML Body:

To change your email preferences for ${communityName}: <a href="${instanceURL}user-preferences!input.jspa">Click here</a> to modify your E-mail preferences and click SAVE at the bottom of the screen

Those should work, but I haven't had a chance to test it. Let me know if that helps.

• Re: Unsubscribe from Weekly Updates

Hi Marissa Dimino,

By default, the Email Footer template should contain the following code, which will provide the option to unsubscribe:

<#if includeUnsubscribeLink && unsubscribeLink?has_content>

<p style='color: #666666; margin-top: 20px; font-size: 14px; line-height: 20px; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;'>

This email was sent by ${communityName} because you are a registered user.<br>

<#if unsubscribeLink?has_content>

You may <a href="${unsubscribeLink}">unsubscribe</a> instantly from ${communityName}, or adjust email frequency in your <a href="${instanceURL}user-preferences!input.jspa">email preferences</a>

<#else>

You may unsubscribe from ${communityName}, or adjust email frequency in your <a href="${instanceURL}user-preferences!input.jspa">email preferences</a>

</#if>

</p>

</#if>

You might not be seeing the unsubscribe option because the Digest template isn't including the footer, or because the footer itself has been customized.

Hopefully that helps.  If you require further assistance, I would recommend opening a formal support case within your secret JiveWorks group.

Best Regards,

Blake Scott