Although you've asked many questions here, several of these have the same answer, so I've broken my responses up into discrete pieces:
We have received two different emails:
- Following Updates
- Jive Updates
Are both of these emails configurable for a cloud instance? Or do we have to open a support case?
3. Is this email configurable at all?
Jive Updates -
- Can we edit the "Tips and Tricks" section?
- Can we remove the advertisement for Jive daily (we are sensitive to mobile advertisement)
- Overall, in this email, what items are customizable?
Answer: All email templates can be edited nearly any way you'd like. Full Admin, Manage Community and Manage System level users can access and edit the templates from the Admin Console at System > Setting >Message Templates.
- How often is this sent? By default, is this every Thursday?
- If we have custom streams set up for certain user groups, will those custom streams be included in this email?
- By default, this email is sent once a week, although users can easily change this setting within their user Preferences. By default, emails that are sent once a week are sent on Thursdays (only administrators can change that).
- No. "Following" is essentially its own stream, so it won't show updates that pertain to other streams (although it is possible to follow stuff to multiple streams, in which case there may be some content overlap).
Let me know if you need any other information.