4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 4, 2017 4:54 AM by ernestoizquierdo

What is your biggest challenge with your internal communities?

ernestoizquierdo

What is your biggest challenge with your internal communities?

Is it adoption? Measuring value? Convincing stakeholders of the value of your community investments?

• Re: What is your biggest challenge with your internal communities?
          lorilea

Currently our biggest issue is the wide array of tools that employees are being asked to use. The digital landscape is overwhelming for a lot of our users and they will often put our community farther down on their list of priorities, focusing instead on the platforms/apps that directly impact their day-to-day work. Being curious about the company and exchanging knowledge is something they do when they have free time – which isn't all that often for many people.

Our company recently moved to Office 365 and this has added another layer of confusion. There are competing tools within that suite, including Groups and Teams. Employees aren't sure where to go for what these days. We do our best to keep the messaging about our community on the idea of staying connected and sharing knowledge/information with the entire company, which they can't accomplish as effectively with O365 at this point.

3 people found this helpful
          • Re: What is your biggest challenge with your internal communities?
            england_k

We went through this confusion when we moved from Microsoft to Google it subsided once people realised circles etc. didn't work as well as Jive. We put our energy into helping the people who were using Neo rather than chasing the users who'd jumped ship (most came back).

Our biggest challenge right now is getting the balance between Neo being the "Intranet" and being the "home of collaboration" Jive isn't making it easy to surface the content that is being created that I might be interested in but I don't know it exists. Our users have never really got search and they don't search Neo like they'd search google and it doesn't return the helpful results. The old activity feed was brilliant for showing how much activity actually happens by the minute, hour, day. I'm in a constant battle with people who say no one uses Neo - THEY DO! But no one can see it because it is masked by the News page which is only showing up the top down content. And no one status updates so we're quickly losing our WOL culture.

My suggestion would be to have a News and the old activity feed be interchangeable for the user. I really hope Jive is listening because the Facebook vultures are circling and our execs are constantly telling me how great the FB feed looks. I could cry because that IS what Jive had 7 years ago...

3 people found this helpful