We recently moved from Jive 7 to Jive 9 with News for our intranet homepage. We rely on news streams to give all of our employees need-to-know information, but b/c streams cap at 6 active posts on the homepage, we are seeing that the most recently posted items may not appear on everyone's homepage. We're looking for a solution where we can reliably get necessary news out to all employees without retraining people who post, or people who absorb the news.
Background of risk presented from news streams in Jive9
- Each news stream will allow for 6 stories per stream
- Once a story is on a user’s homepage, if it remains unread, will not fall off for 10 business days (it will fall off after 2 days if read, or immediately if there is another story in the stream in the homepage queue)
- If an employee has 6 must reads on their homepage (combination of corporate, location, and continental must reads), and a 7th item is pished, users will miss the 7th item, which may concern system down time, or important business updates
Real life examples
- If we acquire a company, we cannot get this news to everyone on their homepage in news
- If any of the systems we use or support are down and athenistas can’t do their jobs, there isn’t a reliable way to get users that information
- News streams would pull the six most RECENT items onto the homepage rather than basing what appears on what the individual user has read
Proposed work around solutions & their impact
Employee Comms team to manually review items that are posted in spaces that feed news streams and delete or move outdated content
|All homepage posts will go through employee comms for calendaring, and moderation for approval (all posts for following week due to EC on Thursday before for calendaring)|
|Add a tile to the right hand rail for system downtime information and business updates (jive suggestion) - this would change posting behaviors for folks, retrain the user experience for where to look for important information,|
|Use System Announcements to generate an email to all employees|
Any thoughts or brilliant ideas?