7 Replies Latest reply on Oct 3, 2017 12:55 AM by Andrew Gilleran

Moderation of questions

Andrew Gilleran

Using the cloud version of Jive.

I have set up moderation for a space for two users to review and moderate questions and replies only. I have enabled both discussion messages (reply and initial). 

Any reply will have a flag 'Currently being moderated'. Then it seems to disappear after 24 hours. Why? What are the rules for it? 

I have several other questions:

1. Where is the view of questions or comments to be moderated for the user? From this document, both I and the users cannot see a moderation list anywhere. They just get a notification in their Jive inbox it seems. https://community.jivesoftware.com/docs/DOC-169909  

2. What action do the moderators take on a question?  

3. Is there an Admin view of moderated questions?

Thanks

Andrew

• Re: Moderation of questions
          Sarah O'Meara

Hi Andrew, let's see if I can help answer some of your questions.

Regarding your question about the flag 'Currently being moderated' disappearing after 24 hours, this shouldn't be the case unless someone is either accepting or rejecting the moderation request. As long as the discussion in question is in the moderation queue, the flag should remain. If another moderator moderates the content, it may seem like the flag is disappearing, but that is only because someone banished it out of the moderation queue.

1) When you have something in moderation, you should see an option for Moderation along the lefthand side in your inbox:

If you click on Moderation you should see a list of everything currently in moderation. I'm not sure if this is the case for Cloud (I currently have things in moderation that I can't banish at the moment so I can't test) but I know in Jive 9 the Moderation link on the left disappears if there is nothing in moderation. If you have nothing in moderation, that may be why you can't see the Moderation link on the left.

2) Moderators can either accept or reject a request from the moderation queue:

You can also view the entire discussion where the comment is taking place (or see the entire discussion) but clicking on the content in moderation and selecting View in Context.

3) There is no admin view of questions that have already been moderated, unfortunately. Once something is accepted or rejected, you will not be able to obtain an easy list of that content.

1 person found this helpful
              mnevill

I'm not sure if this is the case for Cloud (I currently have things in moderation that I can't banish at the moment so I can't test) but I know in Jive 9 the Moderation link on the left disappears if there is nothing in moderation. If you have nothing in moderation, that may be why you can't see the Moderation link on the left.

I can confirm this is the way it works on Cloud.  I thought the Moderation link was always supposed to be there regardless of if there is anything inside it or not (like the Inbox), but Support confirmed it is supposed to go away when there is nothing to moderate.  Has it always been that way or was that starting in Jive 9?

gbrettmiller

To answer (1): The user will still be able to view the comment that is in moderation when they visit the thread, and will see that it is currently in moderation so no one else will see it. There is no "moderation queue" for users that will show them all of the items that they have posted that are still awaiting moderation. Only someone with Moderator rights will see the queue, as described in that document and here in the comments.

Andrew Gilleran

Thanks for the responses. I appreciate that. The team involved have decided to just add people as Admins (not ideal) and switch off moderation as it wasn't working for them.

But now I have another issue...
                I removed their overrides in the Permissions of the site but now I am the moderator even though I have switched off anything to be moderated. I know that the moderation switches to Sys Admin/Community Admin which is myself. And now I do see the moderation queue which was my original question!

But how can I switch off moderation fully for this space???

Andrew Gilleran

Thanks Sarah. It looks like it was just timing between switching off moderation and a question entering the system. It appears to be fully off now.