Are you referring to groups (not spaces) specifically? If so, there is not "registered users" setting. It is restricted on a group by group basis. You can elevate a group member from member to administrator so that they can view the group reports. This will not allow them to access to the admin console or any other system access. Their "administrative" access is restricted to tinkering with that particular group's settings.
If you are referring to viewing the Reports tab in a space, the answer is also yes! You can allow registered users to view the Reports tab with some fancy footwork (sort of).
- Go to the admin console and navigate to Permissions > Space Permissions
- Click on Edit default space permissions and then click on the permission level, probably set on View as shown in the screenshot below
- Click on it again and then select Custom which is the last option in the drop down menu
- Change the Reports section from View to Advanced and check the box for Read
- I recommend checking the box of Save as a custom permission level? (the last option at the bottom) even if you don't plan on using that particular permission level again. It's nice to at least label it with a name like "View + Reports" so you know the custom level is view options PLUS advanced options for reports. Otherwise, it will just say "custom" which isn't very helpful.
To clarify: users will not be able to view the admin console even if you add the Advanced option of reports.
Hope this helps!
I was specifically referring to groups not spaces but appreciate the helpful answer
As it sounds, only when members are promoted to group admins can they view the reports tab (as current usual behaviour) and cannot view as regular members
Thank you for the clarification
Just to clarify your original question about groups since I jumped down the wrong rabbit hole: You are correct, group members will need to be elevated to administrator to see reports. That was an easier question to answer