8 Replies Latest reply on Nov 2, 2017 5:04 PM by Claire Fletcher

Rules for Hiding Activity

primrose

Hi Jive Support team

Does anyone know hoe to use this option under the Jive/Preference

'Rules for Hiding Activity:'

One of our uses is asking and I couldn't find anything under the Jive Help

Many thanks,

Prims

• Re: Rules for Hiding Activity
          gvdd

Seems to be an undocumented feature ...

Which Roguen Keller explained in Hidden Activity Rules in Jive 6.0

The "Hidden Activity Rules" window will populate as you "Hide" content from your own Activity Streams
          2 people found this helpful
              primrose

Many thanks for replying Gvdd.. Appreciated.

I will try this out now.

Best wishes,

Prims

primrose

Hi Team,

I tried hiding my document. but i'm unable to produce the actual 'Hide' link on the document.

Any help appreciated.

Best wishes,

Prims

Sarah O'Meara

Hi Primrose,

I actually just tested this out myself since I've never used this feature before!  You need to "Hide" content from one of your streams. Here is a test stream I created:

Inside that test stream I had a piece of content appear called "This is a test document":

As you can see, there is an option to Hide which will give you three options if you select it - to hide the document, hide all documents in my super secret test group, or hide everything happening in my test group.

Once you select one of those to hide, it should populate under the Rules for Hiding Activity in your Preferences:

I think it is important to note that this functionality has nothing to do with the Hide New Activity feature, which I think can be misleading. Hide New Activity is something you can do from your inbox to hide further activity to reduce noise:

If you hide something from your inbox, it will NOT appear in the Rules for Hiding Activity option in your preferences.

Does that help?

2 people found this helpful
                        primrose

Hello Sarah,

Thank you so much for your quick reply. Appreciated.

It worked once I clicked on the 'Following' I was then able to see the 'Hide' link

Best wishes,

Prims

susannebrands

Thanks for the explanation. I'm still not sure when you would use this. Especially the 'Hide all' function, because that would just be unfollowing that group. Do you have some examples on how this feature would come in helpfull or with which idea in mind this feature was devoloped.

Sarah O'Meara

To be perfectly honest, I have never used that feature nor have I ever encountered it before it was brought in this thread. Claire Fletcher may have some insight about how you can use the Rules for Hiding Activity. I figure "Hide All" is essentially a way to unfollow, but an easier method. I can see the benefit of having the ability to hide certain content produced by following someone, although I don't personally use it.

Claire Fletcher

I'm afraid I'm not familiar with it either. The 'hide new activity' from your inbox is used when you don't want to keep getting updates every time someone edits/participates in a document - for example if you edited a sign-up sheet but you don't want to be notified every time someone does the same. But for the rules part, I'm unsure.