1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 26, 2017 2:39 PM by christy.schoon

How to search people you do not know in a jive community with more than 14000 employees?

ingevwb

I regularly get questions on how to search for people that you do not know. I looked at the Jive search tips, but in our environment the search tips do not seem to work.

Is it correct that the boolean search does not properly works for people? OR is it a problem of configuration or cloud search?

We tried it also in the advanced search, but the search results never fullfill our search criteria and  ALWAYS return more people than requestes.

How do I need to advise my colleagues? thank you for your help

• Re: How to search people you do not know in a jive community with more than 14000 employees?

Hi ingevwb, have you tried using Browse > People?  If you don't have that option in your global navigation you can always go to this URL:  https://community.jivesoftware.com/people .  Basically just add /people to the end of your community URL. 

From there you can apply filters based on profile fields.  Take a look in this community:

I added 2 filters: 

• Skill
          • Language

It filtered down the list from thousands of people down to 31.

Of course this is dependent on having good data in your profiles (one big reason why I like profile sync) and that the administrator has made those fields filterable.

If you find this works well for you I would recommend putting the link to "Browse people" or "Find people" in your global navigation somewhere so it's easy to find.

2 people found this helpful