2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 6, 2017 4:16 PM by Sarah O'Meara

View permission in Ideation

lmariani

I've tried to find the answer to this, but none of the documentation I found spells it out. If you create a space for ideas, and grant someone view access vs contribute access, what does that mean?

What access level do you need to allow you to vote? I can't seem to find an answer, and the admin console doesn't take ideas into consideration when explaining. Does anyone know the answer? OR can anyone point me to the correct document?

Thanks

• Re: View permission in Ideation
          gvdd

Permission wise you can look at an idea in the same way as a poll.

• View permission will only allow you to view an idea
          • As of Contribute permission level you'll be able to vote on an idea

Haven't found any documentation on this either ...

• Re: View permission in Ideation
              Sarah O'Meara

Thank you for your helpful answer as always, gvddlmariani, Günter is correct in that the idea permission levels are similar to polls. In this documentation: Standard Space Permission Levels. The documentation points you to the admin console where you can see a better description of the permission levels, including ideas.

In the admin console, navigate to Permissions > Space Permission Levels and click on the Standard Levels tab. Click on whichever permission level you would like to look at and then you will see a comprehensive list:

Hope this helps!