0 Replies Latest reply on Oct 31, 2017 7:14 AM by michael.sullivan

Phrase Substitution not working in popover menu

michael.sullivan

Note:  question refers to Jive 8.0.4.0 hosted.  ALSO - I am using this in a child theme that is mapped to one particular space.

I am using phrase substitution for some UI items, but have run into consistency issues.  Specifically I want to change the text of the "Report Abuse" link in a discussion.   I can target the link in the "regular" UI using KEY/equals - the substitution works fine.  However, when I invoked the "actions" menu from a discussion reply -  which I believe is a javascript popup - the phrase "Report Abuse" is still there.

Next I tried using VALUE/equals with "Report Abuse", but with the same results.   I then tried VALUE / REG_EX, but also had the same issue.  I then tried VALUE / REG_EX on a different element in the same part of the UI, and exactly like the other substitution, it displayed in the "regular" UI but not in the actions menu popup.

Update:  In further testing it appears that the popover menus DO change if you change the global theme, but do not change if you change a mapped theme.  So it would appear that in actuality only SOME of the phrase substitutions can be set on a theme-by-theme basis

Is there a fix for this or am I missing something??

Thanks!